“Olympic Games village!”

Much Wenlock Church
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at a lovely restaurant B&B The Plume of Feathers just outside Much Wenlock about 5 mins drive. We wanted an evening stroll and this fitted the bill. We meant to come back during the day as the coffee shops etc looked tantalising as well as the Museums and Olympic Walk but will have to come back - which we will!

All reviews
"centuries"
"visitors"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I loved the peacefulness of these church and the welcoming feel. The prayer board is an excellent idea - I felt I could say prayers for others as well as leaving my own. Very easy to get around the church and most definitely disabled friendly. Beautiful area around the church and the flowers at the entrance. I would attend if nearby.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

As churches go, and I've visited a few, this one isn't anything special, but it is so well cared for, both inside and out, that it is worth paying a visit.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

The church displays its history and sense of grandeur in a quiet and understated way. Elements of the church, the churchyard and the priory next door pre-date the reformation by several centuries. Much Wenlock is a town that easily takes one back a hundred years and more. Be sure the visit the Wenlock Museum around the corner. Its a wealth of historic knowledge.