All reviews poster bed nepalese food new owners pubs and restaurants a lovely stay good nights sleep stayed for one night julian dogs kesh
Reviewed 17 June 2018

The proprietor and staff were very friendly and the downstairs of the hotel has been updated very well, to a high standard, unfortunately we did not have the time to sample the food in the restaurant but it certainly sounded very good.

We were disappointed with our deluxe room, as the room had been converter to allow for an en suite it left it rather tight to fit in the four poster bed with only full access from 1 side, the head board was dirty and the bathroom was musty. It is an old building so allowances need to be made, but the bathroom needs updating to call the room deluxe. It is quirky and top marks to the owners, but some further attention made be needed, i think some rooms may be better than others! The hotel has parking, as expected it is a tight fit in the car park and care is needed when leaving as it is a blind spot and the road is very busy from early morning to very late at night! The breakfast was brought to the table quickly and it was tasty and hot, it might be an idea to offer additional tea/coffee as you were not sure if you could ask for a refill. If you want something a bit different from the run of the mill, standard hotel than this is the one for you, i wish the owners well for the future

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Stayed 2 nights. Hotel has an interesting access straight off the roundabout with limited parking, although to be fair we didn't have any problems. Staff were welcoming and friendly and the whole place was spotlessly clean. Room was well equipped although bathroom was fairly small and shower could do with an upgrade. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was limited but met our needs. The chef does need to learn how to fry eggs though. Didn't have an evening meal so can't comment. Hotel is in easy walking distance to all shops, pubs and restaurants of which there are a good selection. Would use again if we needed to stay in Witney.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night whilst visiting relatives locally.
Cannot fault the proprietor, his staff or the facilities. It is obviously still a work in progress on the accommodation side, but the bed was incredibly comfortable, the linens crisp and clean. It was the hottest day of the year and the old buildings were very cosy. we were offered a fan for the room to enable us to be comfortable in the heat before we even had time to worry about it. Great food and nice coffee. We will be very happy to stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Relwobaj
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I travel regularly with work and tend to book something around the Premier Inn type price, oftentimes late on a Sunday without really looking. This does lead to a collection of different and interesting places to stay, and Ive never really been disappointed with my hotel roulette game (there was this one place in Manchester that I feared for my life in though...)

So, I arrived late and was met and taken to my room and was taken aback by the (really comfy) 4 poster bed and decor. Breakfast cooked to order, the evening meal I had was delicious and the chaps here were super helpful and friendly.

If you are visiting the area, stay here. Anyone can book a travel lodge and eat a generic chain pub burger, it’s not every day you stop in a quirky period property in a four poster bed and eat genuine freshly cooked Nepalese food.

Awesome

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped here whilst working locally. Normal hotel was fully booked so was diverted here instead.
What a great place... I may be a little biased as I'm ex forces and the place is run by a Gurkha family, but so friendly which should never be taken for granted.
The food is absolutely fantastic. Probably wouldn't go for the English menu as you can eat that anywhere. The traditional Nepalese food was absolutely to die for.. So good I didn't bother venturing up into town for a change but ate in the hotel every night..
This place is now my hotel of choice whilst working in the area.. 5 stars.. Well done guys! Highly recommended!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business