“Lunch ”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Good lunch , chose garlic bread as a starter, then ‘Chinese style’ duck pizza. Service was good, and the price acceptable. The restaurant decor is great.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Travelling back from Southampton to the Midlands we called in here on a Saturday evening, on spec, for a meal. No problem in fitting us in (this was about 7.30pm). Service was very efficient and the meal was very enjoyable. I had the seafood risotto of which there was plenty. My husband had the Oven Roasted Chicken Caesar salad, but noted there were no anchovies in the dish. On asking, anchovies were brought along in a separate little dish. Our friend had the Cobb salad which she seemed to enjoy. We shared two desserts between the three of us. The restaurant became very busy as the evening went on, but there was a nice atmosphere and we would return to a Wildwood Kitchen in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Had a fab meal here. Amazed it was so quiet because the service was faultless, the food wonderful and well-presented, and a very nice ambience.

I had spaghetti with prawns and asked for the cherry tomatoes to be replaced with courgette. "No problem Sir". That's the right answer. And it was divine. Eton Mess sundae was naughty but gorgeous.

Thanks Wildwood.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We'd never been here before so thought we would give it a try. We had a couple of little niggles at the beginning that I would have overlooked but my main was the final straw.

I asked for coke with no lemon - it arrived with lemon! When my partner finished his drink he asked for water - it never arrived so I went to the bar to order one. It was very quiet so not like they were rushed off their feet.

My starter was lovely - could not fault it (king prawns). My main... Worst Caesar salad I have ever had. The chargrilled chicken tasted distinctly burnt and I left it. Not even my partner wanted to eat it and he'll consume almost anything classed as food. He had a lasagna which was lovely but not worth the price.

It's worth noting that I did comment about my food at the time. They offered us free deserts which we didn't want so they took the salad off the bill. The manager was told but didn't come over to apologise - I always see this as a lack of pride, not a sign of a well run establishment.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We are local to the area and fancied a nice date night meal out together. We had a really good 2 course meal with bottle of wine for about £50.
We had a sharing starter big board with a mix of things which was great.
Then sea bass main and a gnocchi main (which was on the specials board). Both were very tasty an reasonably priced.
Service was very quick with no long waits between courses. Place has a great vibe with lots of seating, small shop area to purchase foods and a cinema room upstairs for regular film nights and private hire. Great place for any occasion. Would return!