“Fantasic, friendly and helpful”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Old Lane Cottage

The spacious and light master bedroom with views to open fields
approaching the annexe down the long gravel drive. Parking for guests in front of annexe views of the fields from the bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The spacious and light master bedroom with views to open fields
views of the fields from the bedroom
the lounge/ diner
the spacious and light double bedroom
modern, quality bathroom
over 1 acre of gardens
an English country Garden
The main house in the Snow
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 26 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
T0rster
“Fantasic, friendly and helpful”
Reviewed 20 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Both Jonathan and Tais were brilliant hosts. From the start emails were answered promptly and questions dealt with quickly. The information they sent about the property covered all aspects of the stay and were clear and helpful. Personal touches such as a few toys for the children were much appreciated, as was the recommendation for the chip shop!
The location was ideal for me, and we made a trip to the Roald Dahl museum in Great Missenden. It is also close to Oxford, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes and several historic properties. Thame is a lovely town close by with plenty of amenities.
I would definitely recommend this holiday rental.

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
DenAng1
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Place to Stay”
Reviewed 21 March 2015 for a stay in December 2014

I was getting married in December and I stayed here with the girls the night before the wedding, we left it free on the Saturday night to stay in a suite at the Oxfordshire Golf Hotel (I regret that I should have just stayed in the annex of cottage was much better especially as I had already paid for it)
Three of the girls stayed there on the Friday, we loved it, went to the pub opposite on a mild knees up before the wedding (its a very friendly country pub)
Now when I first booked the place I did believe I was staying in the cottage so just to clarify for anyone reading YOU DO NOT STAY IN THE COTTAGE there is an annex next to it. I wasn't too happy about this at first HOWEVER .. having said that once I got in the little annex it was lovely with beautiful views, so airy and light, it really was lovely.
I was very lucky and had beautiful sunshine for my December wedding, the owners Jonathan and his partner was so accommodating , they even moved all of their cars from their house so we could get the pictures in front of their beautiful cottage.
On the Sunday after the wedding all the family and many guests met in the pub opposite the cottage for sunday dinner and drinks, it was lovely. I stayed there with my new husband on the Sunday night which was great.
They had lots of workmen in and they turned the water off which was a bit awful on the Monday morning as we could not have a shower but we could tell that was a one off so not good for our experience but I cannot imagine that happening to someone else too.
So my overall opinion seeing 90% of the "nice" accommodation in Thame by far this is the best, simple but lovely and I would certainly recommend this to anyone. Thank you for our stay and I regret paying for a Suite at the Oxfordshire Golf on the Saturday as your place was so much nicer

Liked best: Light airy view
Liked least: the add implys you stay in the cottage, misleading
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
crissyson...
“If you need to get away from it all......”
Reviewed 27 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

..... Old Lane Cottage is perfect for doing so. Beautiful location, well equipped and very friendly owners. The nearby town of Thame provides shops and pubs and there are plenty of places to go on long walks.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Harro V
Goes, The Netherlands
“Looking for a place to recharge the batteries? Look no further!”
Reviewed 16 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

What can I say? I was looking for a place to get away from it all, and I found it!

I am a very light sleeper, but I slept like a baby. Even though the place is in the owners back garden, you don't notice they're there. Note that given they have small children, that might be different in the summer, when they play in the garden.

The place is spacious enough for two, with a large bedroom. If I had to make a remark, it would be about the bathroom. If you are, like me, a "sizable person", the bathroom is very small, and the shower cubicle is absolutely tiny.

Compared to all the other places I've stayed in over the years, I found the price, especially out of season, a bit on the steep side for the location and for what was on offer.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The tranquility of the place
Liked least: I can't think of anything negative
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
allotment...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Peaceful with amazing views and garden.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

This cottage is ideal for anyone wanting a very quiet walking or cycling holiday, do take your cycles! The cottage has views over fields, expect to see cows and horses as you are eating breakfast. The village pub across the road with its excellent food and beer is an added bonus - no wonder the oven is still brand new. The garden is exceptional.

Liked best: The views.
Liked least: Trying to turn the car around in the drive
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing