“Found Hair in my curry!”
Review of Bay of Bengal

Bay of Bengal
Ranked #21 of 42 Restaurants in Thame
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I'm less than impressed, I found a hair in my chicken tikka, which is one thing. But Naan was gritty as well! Will not be returning.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I reviewed this restaurant a couple of years ago under its previous guise of The Star and Garter. I am unsure if the new name signifies new management or not, but the service is now far better than before. The food has been excellent on each occasion that I have visited, but it used to be let down by either rude, or just in adequately trained waiting staff. This appears to have now been rectified and the food is just as good as ever. Pleasingly, it also remains reasonable value for money, so it is now fully deserving of 5 stars.

1  Thank Owen J
Reviewed 19 June 2018

This restauranthas had some bad press recently and we wanted to give it another go as it had always been so good. We were delighted that the food had returned to the very high standards it had when it first opened. We were all very pleased with our meal and we were taken on a tour of the kitchens and were pleased to meet the chefs and admire their sparkling conditions. We will definately be back. Claire LL

1  Thank pandclinder
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Had a ‘take away ‘ and while we waited for our meal to be packed we mentioned the poor hygiene results which we had seen on social media. We were then shown round the kitchens and the fridge and storage areas. They were lovely and clean and we were impressed. We’ll be back for an ‘eat in’ meal next time. Oh yes and our meal was lovely.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Another good meal, the new menu is great and the service friendly, as always.
I had something new to me and was very happy with it.

Date of visit: May 2018