“Superb ”
Review of The Springfield

The Springfield
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Lowdham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Springfield Inn offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favourite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners and seasonal cocktail mixes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just popped in on off chance on a rainy bank holiday. Lovely, cosy fire-lit bar area with plenty of secluded sections. 2 course meal of mushrooms and lamb duo. Gorgeous! Will definitely visit again!!

General Manager A, Manager at The Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Cazo, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review! It is experiences like yours that give us the motivation to give that amazing service.
I will pass along your comments to the Chefs, they will be pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your meal!

We hope you pop in again soon!

The Springfield Inn

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We eat here regularly and have not been disappointed yet. We often get served by Jan who is a consummate professional and always a delight. The menu is varied and decent value. Well worth a visit.

IHC2008, We are so pleased to hear about your recent experience with us here at the Springfield Inn. We strive for top service and we are happy to hear this is what you have received. We will pass along your lovely comments to Jan!

We hope to see you again soon!

The Springfield Inn

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've come to the conclusion here that you shouldn't order the burgers.

Generally I'm quite a fan of the Springfield, and have visited on several occasions. When I've not gone for a burger, I've generally come out pretty satisfied. Pies, fish & chips etc. have all been good. Whenever I've plumped for a burger, thinking I must have been unlucky before, it's always come out comparatively cold - and has just generally not been up to the same scratch as the rest of the menu. I'd honestly always rate a wetherspoon burger much higher, and that's after several separate attempts here. I've also had these thoughts backed up by others.

Drinks are good, there's a decent variety available on the menu. Just be wary of deal menus - as the clarity as to pricing of certain options (particularly things that are just marked as "big enough to share") is about as visible as a contact lens in a bubble bath. I've raised this in the past, but still does not appear to have been sorted.

Deserts are pretty good, although the amount of custard provided could do with a bit more consistency. Some dishes come out with plenty - but make the wrong choice and you'll run out with your second spoonful.

General Manager A, Manager at The Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear A C, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we take any feedback on board.

I am disappointed to hear that every time you have had a burger with us it has been anything less than perfect, I will ensure that this is passed on to the kitchen team here at Springfield Inn.

I am pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our puddings and all the other dishes on our menu!
We will ensure to let the kitchen team know about the custard.

We would just like to thank you again for leaving this review!

We hope you enjoy the rest of your evening.

Springfield Inn

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

This was an impromptu date with the significant other.

The reason why we chose this place is it's has a comfortable dinning area, it's nice and quiet so you can chat and the portions sizes are generous.

For me the little cherry on the cake is the waiting staff. Very polite, efficient and Elliott is good for banter.

Honestly a decent place to eat and drink for couples. #thumbsup

Patrick, thank you so much for the lovely feedback, especially the team. I will let Elliot know about your kind comments. Also, thank you for letting us know about the missing t on the end of gif on our chalkboard, this has now been changed :)

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We opted to stay here for one night, whilst attending a concert at the village hall. It was a great place to stay, lovely clean room, comfortable bed, lovely hot shower and a tea and coffeee tray in the rooms. We ate the evening we arrived and the food was very good, the staff were very accommodating and helpful. I would honestly recommend this pub and accommodation without hesitation.

What a lovely review about everything that we offer, thank you so much Joos2go. If you are ever visiting the area again for a concert, we hope to see you again at the Springfield Inn.