“Wonderful Dinner”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just had a truly fantastic meal at this pub restaurant. We fancied a meal on Holy Island at short notice, phoned and booked a table and got there just in time. Lovely restaurant with friendly welcoming staff who couldn't have been more helpful. Daily menu using local suppliers. We both had the Hake fillet with leeks and peas and it was sensational. Afterwards over coffee we met the chef who was clearly passionate over his food and justifiably so.
Couldn't recommend more highly, thanks for a great evening guys.
Mike and Jacky

1  Thank Mike W

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited for the first time recently and only ordered drinks. It was very busy with visitors purchasing local beers and ales which seemed very popular, and the staff were certainly very knowledgeable about them. The staff were very pleasant and although seating near to the bar area is limited, there is more room past this area, and many people were enjoying meals. There certainly seemed to be a good menu choice. I would describe it as cosy and quaint.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in here for a quick lunchtime bite.
I had cauliflower and cumin soup, very tasty and hot on a cold day.
Husband had burger with shrimp on it. Said it was good but not great. Other couple had the crab sandwich which to them did not taste like fresh crab, but tinned. The dinner menu pics on TA look much better.

1  Thank ValerieJBW
geordieboy61, Owner at The Crown and Anchor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello and thank you for your review of our food and menu’s.
I’m sorry your husband didn’t fully appreciate our ‘Viking’ burger topped with jarlsberg cheese and fresh crayfish tails, as this is one of our best sellers from our lunch and dinner menu.
With all due respect to your friends tastebuds our crab is fresh every day. I have never heard of tinned crab, and be assured the only tinned products to enter my kitchen are baked beans for my residents breakfasts.

Kind regards

Paul
Chef/Owner

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time here and was not disappointed with the food. Fish dishes were excellent and staff were very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely eat here again on the next visit here. Very pleasant evening was had by everyone.

2  Thank Countrylover70
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Visited here for dinner and was very surprised with how good it truly was.

My dad and I both had the Viking burger, which was both filling and delicious. Never envisioned crayfish and a burger as a winning combination but I’m definitely a convert now.

Two meals, a pint and a pepsi came to bang on 25 quid, which is the cheapest meal out we’ve had on holiday in a long, long time, especially of such high quality.

The staff were great. Had a nice chat about the area with one of the guys on the bar who happened to originally be from our neck of the woods.

Check the tide times, whip over to the island, enjoy your dinner!

2  Thank JHHC91