“Spacious and comfortable cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Rear of Rose Cottage
Bamburgh Castle - Surrounding area
Kitchen
Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
KimFyson
Cambridge UK
“A first site great but...”
Reviewed 26 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

On arrival this seemed like an excellent cottage but then details began to let it down. Do the owners/managers of these properties ever actually stay in them? The bathroom was dirty - mold on the shower screen seal, a lot of hair in the plug hole but, more importantly, the shower at first had poor flow and was either cold or dangerously hot (a definite health and safety issue) but then after a couple of uses ceased to work at all. The blind in the bathroom was broken.

The kitchen was poorly equipped - there were not even two proper sized and matching wine glasses and the plates were infant school sized. The mattress on the bed needs replacing - it sagged at the sides and you tend to roll off it.

This could have been a five-star cottage but poor maintenance and small details have let it down badly.

Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Aug 2017
I’m sorry that your stay in Rose Cottage was not up to standard. As stated in my email to you yesterday, accompanied by a picture of the work carried out, unfortunately you were not in each time I knocked the door to ask if everything was ok, but I would’ve expected a phone call from you had there been issues that you would have liked addressed. I only found out about the shower not working this morning when I got your note left in the cottage. You will see from the reviews that Rose Cottage has already received, as recently as the beginning of this month, that what you encountered is not the normal experience of guests in that cottage. Again, my apologies for this.
A new shower was fitted immediately today, after you bringing our attention to the problem. This prompt action would have been what I would have suggested throughout your weeks stay had you let me know of the problem.
The other points that you raised will be given attention and rectified.

I can only express my sincere apologies once again, that you found the cottage not to a comfortable standard and wish you had given me the chance to rectify your findings before posting a negative review about the cottage.
David R
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Spacious and comfortable cottage”
Reviewed 13 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Rose Cottage is a short car journey away from Bamburgh to the east and the A1 to the west, and therefore very convenient for touring the area. The cottage is spacious and comfortable, with everything needed for a quiet, restful holiday. It was lovely to come back to after a busy day out. Within walking distance is a bird hide alongside a wood and pond where we saw woodpeckers among many other birds. The cottage is convenient for taking a boat to the Farne Islands from Seahouses, to visit Holy Island, Alnwick and the beautiful beaches at the coast. We would definitely return to this cottage.

16 Aug 2017
Thanks for your review David. Such glowing reviews are brilliant to receive. I very much hope we'll see you again at Bradford Farm in the future.
FarAway55...
“A cosy & comfortable cottage”
Reviewed 17 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

A well equipped, spotlessly clean & tastefully furnished cottage in an ideal location. Situated between the coast & the A1 it is well situated for visiting the many attractions in the area. The manager is helpful & friendly, making herself available if problems should arise. I would certainly recommend it to others.

16 Aug 2017
Thank you for taking the time to review Rose Cottage at Bradford Farm. I'm pleased you've enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you again in the future.
Sal64
Sheffield
“Peaceful Holiday in Northumberland”
Reviewed 4 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

We are just coming to the end of our week at Rose Cottage. We arrived to a lovely warm cottage with milk and biscuits waiting for us. The living room and bedroom are good sized and the living room has a lovely wood burner in an enormous fireplace, and two very comfortable sofas. The kitchen has everything needed to cook a meal if eating in, the bathroom has a good shower over the bath. Central heating keeps the cottage very cosy. The bed is super comfy with a very good duvet.

The location is lovely and very quiet, I think we saw at most a dozen cars go by in the week we were here. It was nice to look out and see the many birds coming and going, as well as the stoat we saw every day going to and from the field across the road.

It's about the same distance from the cottage to Alnwick or Berwick both of which has everything you would need, and Belford is only a couple of miles away which has a Co-Op and a chip shop and a nice café. The farm shop at Belford is nice too, being early December they had some lovely Christmas gifts.

Bamburgh is only a couple of miles away with the castle overlooking the beach which goes on for miles, the beaches up here have to be the best (and quietest) in the country.

The weather while we were here was not good but we got out and about every day, we would have been quite happy to stay in though, it's a lovely comfortable cottage. We will definitely return soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Peace and quiet, and the lovely bed!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
5 Dec 2015
Thank you Sally for a lovely review. I'm very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay in Rose Cottage. Sorry I was unable to catch you to say hello. I look forward to welcoming you back to Breaks For 2 again in the near future.
maxine-po...
Lewes, United Kingdom
“Delightful cottage”
Reviewed 19 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We had a wonderful time staying at Rose cottage, which was warm, cosy & well equipped and in a peaceful location. It was our first time in North Northumberland and it won't be our last. Beautiful countryside & wonderful beaches .Bamburgh, Holy Island, Berwick upon Tweed & Alnwick are worth a visit. Can recommend Neptune in Seahouses for fish & chips and The Ship Inn at Low Newton by Sea does a lovely crab sandwich.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
23 Oct 2015
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your break in Rose Cottage and I look forward to welcoming you back to our farm in Northumberland.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing