All reviewsafternoon teacoach housemount gracesandwichesscallopssteaka la carte menusunday lunchfirst classlovely lunchlovely roomfood and winefantastic foodstaff were attentivelog firefresh milkpublic rooms
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Have enjoyed several lunches. Quality food. Staff professional but friendly. Often quite, but this does not distract from the fine dining experience. Lovely new patio and garden area to enjoy the sunshine.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Visited the Tontine for Afternoon Tea on Christmas Eve.
Both the service and food were poor and would not recommend.
We have visited previously and had a much better experience however this time was unfortunately extremely disappointing.

We received an apology from the manager upon leaving, stating that he recognized that the experience was not up to standard. The venue had recently gone under new management into the group which also own and manage the West Park in Harrogate. However this should be no excuse to provide a poor service and whole experience especially when charging a relatively high price.

I hope for the restaurant to improve and will try again in the future as I am aware from my experience in both the West PArk Hotel and The Black Bull that this was not upto standard.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Attended my Brothers wedding on Tuesday although I have eaten here many times in the past. The whole day was delightful, the staff were very friendly yet professional, we were really well looked after. The food was out of this world, I’ll definitely be back soon for an evening meal!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Lovely room. Noise from A19 which was expected, noise all night from pipes.... which wasnt.
Food was Great, very well thought out and imaginative. Small portions tho. Don’t go starving!
Breakfast was lovely.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2018

We recently stayed two nights at the Tontine, had they not been fully booked for the next night we would have stayed on, our room was divine, the staff were incredible, so helpful, kind, friendly and efficient. The food was out of this world, their chef is worth his weight in gold. It was a fabulous experience and one I will gladly share.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple