“return visit”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 April 2018

two years ago we had a good meal here and we had an even better one on Saturday 31/3/18, good prices for nicely cooked food, staff were chatty and attentive.
four meals, one bottle of nice red wine, three pints of beer and a coffee, £45.
I was quite pleased with the bill.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Since the new management took over this pub has improved amazingly.

A really family friendly environment.

Landlord stomped on the idiot punters who were acting like morons.

3  Thank thegoodfoodfan
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I’m not from the area and rather than pick a “chain” place for lunch, opted for what looked like a local, traditional pub, as I love a good chicken dinner.
I asked for a menu to be told, “it’s only Sunday dinner, beef, chicken or belly pork”. However she confirmed the chicken would be served on a bone, to my dismay, so my partner and I both chose the beef.
I asked what veg it was and asked to replace the cauliflower with extra mash. Both meals arrived approx 4 mins later, probs the time it took to heat up in a microwave and both looked the same, no extra mash.
The portions are tiny, with only 1 slice of tough, chewy beef, 1 very small Yorkshire pudding, carrots and garden peas and the mash which I couldn’t tell if it was smash or not.
If this had been a £4 lunch it may have been ok but for nearly £7, it was a disgrace.
I wished I’d found a Toby, I know it’s a chain but at least I know what I’ll get! And a decent portion :-(

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Called in here for something to eat on our first trip to Northallerton. Previous reviews seemed to be saying dogs were only allowed in the beer garden. Not so. If we wanted to eat and drink with animals we would have gone to the Potting Shed rather than this place. Fortunately there are other pubs in Northallerton where you can eat in more hygienic, and more pleasant, surroundings.

1  Thank Kath C
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Where do I start . We've eaten frequently there not amazing but beyond average . We visited there on sat Nov 30th surprise birthday meal . We ordered fries .with the toppings can't remember what it was called . chicken and 2x nachos . All put through the till then to be told we have no nachos . Surely staff should of been
Notified in advance !! . We had to re choose I chose jacket potato with cheese and onion , people came in after us and were served their food within 20 mins we were still waiting 45 mins later , when it came it was cut into wedges and hardly any filling the potato wasn't cooked . The fries that were topped with a slimy uncooked egg was sent back to kitchen only to be delivered back with the chef saying if I gave to re cook the egg I will have to make a new meal , we sent the meal back due to the egg been raw and it was delivered back with the egg berm flipped and cooked like it should of been .we had to shovel our meal as parking was running out . On leaving premises the chef still in uniform was returning from a fag break ,in passing we told her very disappointing , worst meal ever here . Her reply "yes thanks for that " . No apology whatsoever . Avoid this place . Customer service is appalling and the chef doesn't clearly give a damn . As a customer if I was chef I'd be mortified . They had multiple complaints that day !

1  Thank sonia P