Goldsborough Hall(Goldsborough)
US$125
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
  • Breakfast included
The Homestead(Knaresborough)
Old Royal Oak(Knaresborough)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssteam roomleisure facilitiesminute treatmentrelaxation roomsmall poollovely hotelrestaurant staffthe hotel managerwedding receptionevening mealmy mumweekend breakfood was lovelystaff were excellentcouldn't faultenjoyable staylots of choice
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I enjoy staying in the historic Dower House for its old world ambiance, but for that very reason, rooms do vary, floors squeak with age and beams in the ceiling are low. To me this is its charm. The staff is always accommodating....I've stayed here 3 times...and I LOVE that they'll deliver breakfast to my room if I place my order the previous evening. Just spent 3 nights here over the Easter weekend and am looking forward to next time.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Jonathan S, General Manager at Best Western Dower House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and the team.

I am pleased that you appreciate the charm of The Dower House with parts dating back from the 15th Century,
We do have squeaky floorboards and we do have the occasional low beam, all of which add to its character.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel twice.

Two years ago I had a nice and spacious room in the annexe.

This January I had not so nice room above the restaurant. Heating wasn't adequate. The room was despiriting and cold.

On the second night, there was a functiom downstairs so it was very noisy until midnight. There was no sound proof whatsoever!

It's an ok hotel if you are lucky enough to get one of the better rooms. However, there are far better places to stay in nearby Harrogate and that's exactly what I'm going to do next time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.

We do have larger Superior rooms available, however the Classic Doubles are smaller and located above the restaurant. I am sorry if you were disturbed by noise from the function. We do try to allocate guests not attending the functions the rooms further away.

Please do consider returning to Dower House and booking direct with the hotel as we can better recognise your needs.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We had 3 very enjoyable nights here, 2 rooms as my Mum came with us. No faults or negatives to report. Service was prompt, no waiting time in the bar as someone else said. Very good choice of breakfast in the light & bright dining room. All staff courteous, chatty & friendly. Free use of swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi etc. Nice bar area, separate lounge with sofa's & tv.
We had a small camp bed in our room for our 3 yr old which was more than satisfactory.
Highly recommend.
(only very slight neg comment, if you run out of tomato sauce, pop out & buy a bottle until the wholesaler delivers. & £2 car park was unnecessary)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Jonathan S, General Manager at Best Western Dower House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am pleased that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you found the staff to be both courteous and friendly.

I take your negative comments on board.

I hope that you will return and take advantage of the hotel in a different season.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Enjoyed three night stay in this pleasant and friendly hotel. Good sized bedroom and bathroom (room 20) offering easy access to leisure facilities. Public areas were spacious and well furnished. Breakfast offers good hot food selection and quality, although cold buffet was somewhat limited – no selection of breads, meats and cheeses.
Parking on site and just five minutes walk into town centre and to train station, the latter offers excellent service (half hourly) to Harrogate, Leeds and York. Knaresborough offers good range of shops, cafes and restaurants plus some lovely walks around the castle and along the river Nidd.

Richard & Elizabeth

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and the team. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time here in Knaresborough.

The hotel is perfectly located for exploring Yorkshire.

Please come and see us all again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I been here yesterday for ‘BNSM’ We asked for deep tissue, as we had this treatment done from the Hazlewood Castle before and it was really good massage quite firm and yet so enjoyable. I’m quite disappointed about our treatments in here yesterday. The woman who did my massage was full of attitude when I questioned an explanation of a treatment. She didn’t even warm up my muscle before she starts doing the firm pressure. It feels like I have been beaten up by a sumo wrestler. I asked if she could do a medium pressure instead. She was literally tried to make her point, that I did picked the wrong treatment. It was very uncomfortable from start to finish. I work in the same industry and always make sure that my clients are comfortable with the pressure. I think warming up the muscle before performing deeper pressure will help to avoid any injuries. I wouldn’t recommend this place at all.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ren H

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience in the Spa.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team in Imagine Spa who I am sure will be in touch shortly to restore your faith.