US$72
US$70
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$140
  • Breakfast included
Book now, pay at stay
US$72
  • Restaurant
The Yarborough Hotel(Grimsby)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$51
  • Restaurant
US$76
PremierInn.com
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$83
Orbitz.com
All reviewsgolf coursegolf cluboffice blockcomplimentary toiletriessmall balconycomfortable hotelchristmas partybreakfast was excellentnight porterdance floorgood sizebusiness staywe've stayedno air conditioninglincolnshire sausagessuperior roomwaiting staff
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Had two meals here a few days ago. We were staying in a hotel near by but they could not accommodate 20 people as they were fully booked. Food was very good and served in a professional manner. For a large party we were in a corner of the dance floor, but that did not worry us because it was quiet.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
TeresaHR17, General Manager at Humber Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear paulandsonja2,

Thank you for your very welcome review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your meals with us.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were visiting family in the area and chose this hotel for locality. As other reviewers have stated, upon arrival the look of the hotel certainly does not have kerb appeal but on entering we were pleased to see the interior did not match! Bailey welcomed us and checked us in - all very smoothly and efficiently. Our room was on the first floor accessed by lift or stairs. The room (104) was a good size and was clean but there were just a couple of little things that let it down: the soap had not been replenished, a light bulb needed changing (over the desk/dressing table), the twin beds would have been comfortable for children or hobbit sized people which was a shame. We also found it unusual that because the window was the width of the room and overlooked the golf course at close proximity, that there were only blackout curtains in situ. First thing in the morning it is nice to open your blackouts and still have some privacy whilst dressing or even sitting. In our opinion a blind or net/voile would be nice to let the light in with some privacy. We reported to reception (4pm approx) that we had no soap but this was not supplied until normal housekeeping the next day. There are small bottles of shower gels which we could use but surely ensuring the rooms are stocked properly and that everything, no matter how small, is replenished should be a priority. Our room did have an internal adjoining door to the room next door which meant that we did hear quite a lot of conversation and the TV but we were out and about a lot so it wasn't too invasive! The breakfast was adequate both days. There are cereals, fruit, yoghurts, pastries, bread, jams juices, and a full English breakfast (or separate items) are ordered via the waiting staff. On the Sunday it was a hot and cold buffet service. The staff are all lovely and friendly. The car park has 3 entrances/exits which are not clearly marked from the road and in our opinion, it might be better if there was a one way system and /or better signage. The golf course looked very nice but we didn't use it or other facilities but based on the purpose of our stay, I would say the aforementioned things let it down and would probably have given it 3 plus stars. I feel this property is slightly overpriced if you are not there for the golf! Sorry!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cazlikestotravel

Dear Cazlikestotravel,

Thank you for taking the time review your recent stay with us. I am always happy to listen guests opinions and if possible act on them to improve the service we offer. I agree that some of the small attention to details did let down your experience. The light bulb and soap where both avoidable and I apologise for these.
With regards to the curtains I have to honest this is the first time that I have known anyone comment on there being no net or voile at the window. Normally guests comment on the stunning view. This area is rarely used by the golfers and I would like to assure you that privacy would not be a problem.
The twin beds are normal standard sized single beds so as you booked a twin room I would have naturally presumed that you would have been expecting this size of bed.
Our entrance is very open and people entering or leaving the car park can clearly see traffic on the main road and to my knowledge there has never been an accident.
I am not sure why you would think that the golf course would effect our prices? Our rates are set according to market demand and our ranking as Grimsby's only 4 star hotel and the facilities we offer, not on whether you are using the Golf Course as they are not attached to the hotel but an independent business.
I do hope that if you are in the area for a short stay that you would consider staying with us again, as I do think that overall you had a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

I am pleased to say that I have almost made this my second home when I come up here on, what is now a regular basis; the warm welcome and friendliness of the staff has now forced my hand and made me totally give up on Premier Inn, less than a mile and a half away although the latter is cheaper, The Humber Royal, is streets ahead in terms of quality, sophistication and warmth. I work for a big design and architectual organisation in London, staying in hotels across the world, literally are part of my job description, I really do enjoy my stay at the HR, I really do. No problem is too much for the reception to deal with and Amy, who has dealt with me on all occasions, is simply the best and is the epitome of coolness and organisational thinking and will solve any issue without even moving from her chair, which few other hotels I have stayed in, can compare with. I have booked up already for my next stay in a few weeks time.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor as the view out into the countryside is super and fab!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Gregory M

Dear Gregory M,

What a very kind and lovely 5 star review. I am so pleased to hear that we have made you feel so welcome and that you are now using us on a regular basis. I have to agree with you Amy is a wonderful young lady and a real asset to the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

What an amazing experience at the mercure willerby. Thanks must go to Anne Marie for playing hunt the room. To Sally for supplying keys for the same game. Lastly to Janet for a wonderful breakfast to get us on our way.!!!!

Room Tip: Be specific when booking. Special. Requests will be met
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
TeresaHR17, General Manager at Humber Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Brenda C,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review, however I feel I must point out that you have the posted this to the wrong hotels page. We are not the Mercure at Willerby but actually the Humber Royal in Grimsby. But so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with them.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Wonderful local charity afternoon tea with "Disney" princesses. A fab afternoon for both the children and the grown ups! With a delicious afternoon tea with some nice little touches, though the kids were too busy for food ! A memorable time for us all .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
TeresaHR17, General Manager at Humber Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear julier27

Thank you for taking the time to review what was a lovely event for charity. I believe that everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and the Princesses went down a storm.

I do hope that you will visit again.