“Another good eating experience”

Papa's Fish & Chips
Ranked #9 of 167 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: After recent completion of a multi-million pound refurbishment, The Pier, Cleethorpes provides three different gastronomic experiences in one location with options to suit all budgets and tastes with diners enjoying unrivalled views out to sea from the newly installed floor to ceiling windows with dramatic lighting and décor that provides a contemporary twist on Victorian elegance. From afternoon tea and light snacks in the Victoria Tearoom, high quality evening meals in the intimate 1873 Restaurant and event catering for special occasions, our high standards promise to attract visitors from miles around, while also focusing on catering for the needs and desires of local residents. Voted Pier of The Yea 2016, The Pier, Cleethorpes is a place not to be missed!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I was reluctantly persuaded to go on a day trip to Cleethorpes were I had never been and I am so pleased I did or I would never have visited Papa's. Great experience from start to finish with the pleasant friendly staff doing their best to please. The first surprise given the location and great views was the price list. Nothing was expensive. We had the pensioners special, Haddock and chips with a choice of desert. Beautiful fish well cooked with just the right amount of chips for £7.95. My only reservation was the curry sauce which was more like you would expect in an Indian restaurant rather than the chip shop curry I prefer. Chloe, our waitress was great. Nothing was too much trouble and she made sure we had everything we needed. Overall a great eating experience and thank you Chloe for making it even more enjoyable. Expect to see us back soon.

1  Thank Alan B
Write a ReviewReviews (2 099)

528 - 532 of 2 099 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Me my partner and son came for lunch the other day. We had the most wonderful food I’ve ever came across. I would like to thank the waiter Ellis for amazing customer service. He made us feel very welcomed and comfortable. Will be definitely be coming back again.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Visited papas this evening and was surprised with the excellent staff especially our waitress Chloe who recommended my meal and her waitressing skills was exquisite and had perfect etiquettes through her service was a pleasure to dine there

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We visited cleethorpes for my little boys 1st birthday and decided on papas for lunch. Our waitress was Nikki and she was so cute with my little boy, she even brought him out a birthday cookie with a candle in. Would definitely recommend

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Fab day, fab restaurant in a stunning setting..lovely food and excellent customer service from Courtney (Ramsey) we will be back.