“Wedding”

Ranked #23 of 160 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$3 - US$40
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Macys Lounge is inspired by the iconic images of Audrey Hepburn in the classic film Breakfast at Tiffany's this is a beautiful New York, Fifth Avenue styled restaurant and bar. Set in the picturesque setting in the heart of Seaview Street, Cleethorpes, we are open 7 days a week, serving traditional British cuisine.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently went here for afternoon tea, after a wedding. Staff were brilliant, food was very nice. It would have been better if there had been a toilet upstairs.

1  Thank Sue B

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went in for breakfast to Macy's today, sat at a table and 1 minute later a glass jar on the counter fell off, smashed into pieces and the glass cut open my heel. We moved to another table with my foot bleeding. The waitress was more interested in telling me that the glass jar had been there for ages and had never fallen off before (was she implying this was my fault???). No apology was offered, I had to ask for an antiseptic wipe and I had to ask for a plaster. Where was the person with the first aid training in this place, in fact, where was the first aid kit? I saw neither and no help was offered. Another assistant arrived and both started talking about their personal lives. Still no apology. Half an hour later no one had cleared up the glass which was in various sized pieces all over the walk way and there was no warning of a hazard. From a health and safety perspective the whole experience was appalling from start to finish. The waitress spent most of her time saying what a bad day she was having, not half as bad as my day where 2 slices of toast resulted in a cut foot which bled for an hour. Oh yes, and they even charged us for the toast. Obviously customer service as well as health and safety and first aid are not this places strong point. I think a report to North East Lincs council is in order.

Social-Meda-Team, Public Relations Manager at Macys Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Macy's Lounge Would Like To Apologise for the inconvenience, rest assured that we are launching an investigation into this and if you could give your email address to info@macysloungecleethorpes.co.uk we will be more than happy to send you an email one the investigation has been concluded.

Sorry For Your Poor Experience at Macy's Lounge

We Will be in touch.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

On entering Macy's ,we where immediately taken back by the smell of old fat, I ordered mushrooms in batter as a starter ,the same taste as the old fat ,infused the food . Thank goodness the haddock I ordered was sold out and lasagne was the replacement choice ,don't think I could take anymore of that fat taste. We did mention our complaints to the staff but I guess if you work in that environment your sense of smell gets nullified. As we walked out into Sea view st we looked at each other and said in unison ,we won't be going back.

3  Thank purefinder
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend had a lovely breakfast here on a Saturday morning. It wasn’t busy just a few tables in and we were well looked after, food came quickly and was of good quality. Prices were good too! Staff were also lovely.

Social-Meda-Team, Public Relations Manager at Macys Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Thanks

Louis

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I regularly have breakfast at Macys. I love their bagels. Great choice, lovely surroundings. Would highly recommend.

Thanks!