“Evening out with friends”
Review of The Trawlerman

The Trawlerman
Ranked #10 of 159 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Carvery
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had many carveries in the past so last night was very disappointing. The Yorkshire puddings looked amazing but where tough and chewy beef did not have much flavour.
And the vegetables left a lot to be desired.
I had a jam rolly poly sponge I must admit I though I was getting a proper suet rolly poly but what you actually get is just a square of jam sponge with custard so why call it jam rolls poly very disappointing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 139)

10 - 14 of 1 139 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visit the trawler man on average once every two weeks. As a family we rate it the best Carvery in Grimsby and Cleethorpes, but this evening was different. The beef is normally very tender but it was so tuff that all seven in our party couldn’t eat it. I spoke to the manager and he said that they have been told that from today they have to cook the beef differently. (Why change something when it’s very good?)We spent £80 on the meals and drinks but we didn’t want any money back, just want to have the same quality meal as usual. The manager thanked me for comments and said he would use this to try and reverse the decision on how the beef is cooked as they had the same opinion. I’m sure that lots of customers won’t be returning if they don’t.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very happy with the service and food here. Visited Haven last weekend and fancied a proper roast dinner. Booked a table for 8 and was placed in an area with play equipment for children which was perfect. Got a family banquet deal, 4 varieties and 2 slices of cake with ice cream for £20 which I thought was an amazing deal especially on a Sunday- fathers day too! Food was tasty, huge yorkshire puddings, husband would have liked some broccoli and mash adding but the cakes were divine - in particular the raspberry ripple gateaux. I'm sure we will return if/when we are back in the area!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely carvery staff very helpful my husband ordered of the menu and they let us know when his meal was ready so I could queue for my carvery and have our meal together

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were staying at Thorpe Park Haven site and decided to come here for our dinner two nights of our week.
There is a children’s area which certainly helped occupy the little ones.
The first occasion I came and had a burger which was lovely, the children’s meals were good portions and staff friendly. My partner had the steak, the beer was good and overall very happy.
The final occasion I came I ordered the ham, egg and chips of which I was very disappointed. It did state carvery ham but it was so tough and dry. The eggs were slimey but edible - the pub was much busier and we ended up seated by the double doors in the children’s area. Every five seconds a child came in and slammed the door blowing menus flying.
The staff were very friendly throughout and the pub was very clean. Giving it a 4 star for them reasons and our last visit being a one off. We would definitely return.