“Hit and miss ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ok ordered the steak and stilton salad sounded delicious. .what a disappointment..very sad salad..nothing like the discription...sent it back..ordered a lasagne ..which in turn was completely tasteless

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having read the most recent reviews of this eatery, I would like to dispel some of the negative comments made. My friend and I regularly use the Ferrers as it is a half way meeting place for us. We have always been satisfied with the service and quality of food ordered, usually at a lunchtime and appreciate the value too. We have been today and cannot fault a thing, we were served when we were ready by an efficient member of the staff, who was happy to wait before we made our order as we had loads of chat to catch up on!

Adam W, General Manager at The Ferrers Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good Morning Gwyn.

Thank you for such a lovely review, myself and the team work so hard to look after all our valued/loyal customers, and it is great to read such positive feedback, especially when people are so quick to give negative feedback.

We have a lot of exciting developments within the next Month as we are undergoing a major refurbishment, please feel free to ask a member of our team for further information.

We look forward to seeing you very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hadn't eaten here for sometime, so thought as a family get together we'd give them another go, table booked for five plus room for pushchair and this was accommodated, however it was in the conservatory and that requires going up a few steps and as it's single glazed on a cold night it was cold so we had to ask if any heating available and a small fan heater was produced, perhaps some more efficient windows and heating should be a priority! Camembert to share ordered and came out cold and uncooked in the centre, although this was rectified straight away, both staff members we encountered were excellent, the meals though soon became cool due to the coldness of the room, I can't recall eating in a restaurant with my overcoat on before but in the conservatory of the Ferrer's arms you do !! This is a very frustrating pub/restaurant in the fact with a little bit of thought and improved management it could be a leading pub/restaurant in the Ashby de la zouch area, however on this visit it was poor

3  Thank John W
Adam W, General Manager at The Ferrers Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments.

I apologise the pub temperature was not as warm as it should of been, please rest assured that the issues raised have been rectified with the heating now working fully. due to the severe weather we have had it has caused a lot of issues with our heating system which we have been working hard to correct, unfortunately we are at the mercy of the engineers who fix these things and with so many problems caused by the weather we were 1 of a number of other businesses waiting to et issues fixed.

We are due a big money investment within the coming months with the windows and conservatory high on the agenda.

Please rest assured that I am working hard with my team to rectify and action all feedback and with the big money refurbishment at the end of April we hope to put ourselves back on the Ashby map.

Many thanks

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Having not visited for a number of years thought we would give it a try , having read previous reviews of having table service and it being our anniversary thought it would be a change from ordering at bar but after a while ended up having to use bar when after waiting over 30 minutes for meals to arrive not impressed my chips were like warm chicken fillet even though tasty not very hot the ribs were the only item that was hot steak and ale pie new potatoes peas and gravey all Luke warm thankfully the meals are 2for 1 because they are not worth full price we don't mind paying so long as getting value which we didn't ,also noticed some customers were being served at tables needless to say won't be rushing back

We are sorry you did not enjoy your visit to us.

We always strive to offer table service although sometimes during busier times we do find that some customers do order at the bar, we always have waitress serving tables and I can assure you they would of got to you table once they had finished serving other customers. I am sorry to read you meals were luke warm, had this been raised with a member of the team we would of happily replaced the meals for you.

We hope you give us another go as we have a lot of exciting developments happening over the next couple of months which includes a investment to refurbish the pub and restaurant areas.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

After suffering the worst visit of all time to this pub where we was made to wait 30 minutes and still had no drinks and the manager was more interested in cleaning tables than serving the customers. We made an official complaint to Marston's who had not replied to my complaint two weeks after i emailed it, so I then telephoned them after no reply and they assured me that the Area Manager would respond to my complaint that afternoon. To my surprise I received an email that afternoon but it wasn't from the Area Manager it was from the Manager of The Ferrers Arms, the same Manager I had submitted the complaint about. In his email he basically denied all wrong doings and called us liars, we visited this pub one to two times a week and spent quiet a lot of money at this pub and have been treated very poorly, your loss.

1  Thank markZ493QV