“Fabulous food!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Langho
Price range: US$0 - US$183
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Michelin Star restaurant led by Executive Head Chef Lisa Goodwin-Allen. The Northcote restaurant is elegant, stylish and sophisticated with views of the garden and distant hills of the beautiful Ribble Valley. Dishes are visual, elegant and packed full of great flavours and textures. Inspiration for Lisa's dishes always starts with the produce, from the relationships built with local & regional suppliers and understanding the heritage of the land.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Three of us visited Northcote for a lunchtime birthday celebration, we all had decided on the Plant based tasting menu, what a delight it was. It is so refreshing to find a restaurant that serves such inventive, perfectly balanced and beautifully tasting food and all without meat or fish! We had a lovely time, cocktails on the terrace, a leisurely series of six courses in the restaurant, served by attentive, polite and friendly staff and then coffee outside again on the terrace, plus canapes and petite fours. An unforgettable experience!!

7  Thank Sue00do
Write a ReviewReviews (1 279)

43 - 47 of 1 279 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

After checking in we sat in the bar and enjoyed several glasses of wine before Dinner, After looking through the taster menu we decided to stick with the al a carte . I'd just like to say this was an extravigant one off special treat for us.
The bar staff where lovely, helpful and very chatty.
We where seated by a very charming waitress whom was saying shed not been there long.
Our starters consisted of 2 scallops for the husband and a couple of salty spears if asparagus for myself. The husband enjoyed his 2 scallops i remained under whelmed.
The main course arrived and we had both plumped for steak and chips . "rare breed " apparently . But no idea what rare breed. It was succulant though i expected more from a michelin starred restaraunt. 6 oz at a guess over seasoned fillet in a very salty jus. I have eaten better in a pub to be honest.
Dessert was rhubarb crumble for him and a chocolate cone ( sorry was hungry and too much wine at this point) for myself served with vile sheeps milk icecream.
Im sorry to say it was so underwhelming and disappointing i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I 've worked in kitchens and know my food.
We may not be monied but even for the richest of people over £300 was overkill. Perhaps relying on there name a little too much .
On the plus side room was pleasent ( underwhelming again) and breakfast was better cooked than dinner, infact couldn't fault it. so on a nut shell well over 600 for 1 night ... we could of gone too a London top restaraunt for the same .

1  Thank E2017Em1
Reviewed 22 June 2018

A 6 course tasting menu seems small by modern standards but when you add Canapes and Petit Fours, that were interesting and tasty it was a nicely balanced meal. As it wasn't a special occasion we went for the cheeper wine and found it good value. We look forward to visiting again.

1  Thank PeaceFoodandaSnorkel
Louise P, Manager at Northcote Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear PeaceFoodandaSnorkel

Thank you for this fantastic review we are thrilled you enjoyed our tasting menu and time with us. We have just released our new tasting menu last week which is equally as delicious.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon

Kindest regards

Louise

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I bought a voucher for my husband's birthday for Northcote and we were not disappointed.
Upon arrival we ordered a G&T and a non-alcoholic G&T which was delicious and certainly made me (the driver) feel I was enjoying a special drink.
We had the seasonal lunch menu and although portion sizes are small, we were both full afterwards.
Outstanding dishes were the cured trout, pork fillet and belly, and the lemon meringue.
My husband had a glass of Sauvignon which was delicious.
We had coffee and (very) mini Eccles cakes following dessert in the lounge which was nice. Our waitress Jessica was lovely and very attentive.
The food did not impress quite as much as other equivalent restaurants we have been to and the general feeling was maybe a little too relaxed for a Michelin star restaurant, but would we return? yes of course. Great value for lunch and thoroughly enjoyable.

1  Thank bolton2013
Louise P, Manager at Northcote Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Bolton2013

Thank you so much for choosing Northcote as a place to celebrate your husbands birthday. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Any feedback we receive is read carefully and taken into consideration so we can do everything possible to ensure that all our guests get the maximum enjoyment from the Northcote experience.

Thank you again for your kind words about our staff also, Jessica was thrilled for such a lovely compliment.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Louise Peel

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Don’t be alarmed by my first word! We expected a lot from Northcote but unfortunately we were disappointed. The staff were very pleasant, helpful, courteous and couldn’t do enough for you. The restaurant was lovely and the views were amazing. We arrived on a lovely evening and sat outside prior to our meal. The disappointing bit was the meal, tastes were a bit odd, portions were minute and the flavours to me didn’t work too well together. My Wife and I have eaten in some lovely places all over the world and as you will see from my reviews we are rarely disappointed and often eat in this kind of restaurant. In fact we had some supper an hour later when we arrived home as we were hungry still. Expensive, we knew that but we never expected confusion and hunger hence the three marks above!

4  Thank Philthompson27