All reviews service station burger king service area travel lodge local roads another towel room key night's rest budget price family room tidy room overnight stop base for exploring quiet hotel tea bags bed was comfortable after midnight
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Clean and tidy room, polite staff and free parking are the good points for this place, NO restaurant and excessively HOT room are the down side, typical travel lodge what more can I say.
£55 for a family room cant complain.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Shaf from the Social Media Team. at Travelodge Burton M6 Northbound, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for reviewing our Burton M6 Northbound Travelodge.

e are sorry to hear that your experience was hindered by the lack of air conditioning. We have taken measures to limit the nuisance caused by the heat and we do apologise if these were not sufficient to give you a good night’s sleep.

We're pleased to hear you found the rooms clean and the staff were polite.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Stayed here June 2018. Outside temp was about 18-20 degrees in the day, arrived at 9.30 pm and room was nice and cool - had been left with window open, lights off and curtains shut for this reason. I was impressed with this. Room was at rear looking out on to grass and was quiet. The grass at back is a dog walking area although nobody came by the window (I had no dog with me, just noticed this and thought this would be worth mentioning). Receptionist was helpful, especially as I arrived with a sleeping child, room and hotel were clean and tidy, no motorway noise. Great location as you just swing off the motorway and you are there straight away, ample parking and was cheaper than other options in the area I looked at. I would recommend this for one or a few nights. We had a family room and I had a double bed and my son was on a separate single which was ready made up. Both were comfy and this would be no problem with two parents and one child size wise or if I had been traveling on my own for business. I didnt use the wifi. The services have a small M&S Food in them so you can grab milk etc. I would take your own breakfast then get milk from there, much cheaper.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 8 June 2018

We stayed as group of 3 people in big family room for 3 nights. The hotel is located at M6 Services, but to my amazement there was no noise from inside and outside the hotel. The team was very professional. James @ Reception was very professional and knew his job, explained everything in professional manner and helped us to arrange Iron & Iron Stand.
Room service during our absence for cleaning was not upto the mark, as we have experienced in the past and expected this time also. The beds were not made up when we returned each day.
The toilet door (Room 114) made noise each time when we opened and closed it. Apart from these two issues, over all experience is good. I will definitely recommend staying at this place, and may be stay in future also. Price wise, it was a good offer.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Rather basic of course but perfectly fine for an overnight / very short stay. With this limitation in mind gave it a high score.
Agree with the comments below. Basic – even sparse – but perfectly welcome for a short stay. Not the place to go for a longer holiday of course but great for a rest stop. Clean, comfortable & friendly helpful staff. No restaurant but you have the Service Area next door. Limited facilities but more than adequate for an overnight stay. Rooms at the rear would be quieter. I agree that air con would be a great improvement: open windows increase noise etc from the car / lorry park. Late check in time is fine if arriving by car after a long journey! Price is reasonable.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Good stopping point for the lakes or further north. Room clean, well aired, good standard (as we usually find with Travelodge). Staff exceptional. Very helpful with information on booking in, and very friendly, helpful as we were leaving. This is a Travelodge we have used several times before, and it is always a pleasure to be welcomed here - never had a bad or less than ideal experience. Recommended.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple