The Mix Cafe Bar and Nightclub
Review Highlights
Nice lunch

My partner and I were in the area for a few days and decided to go to The Mix for a spot of lunch... read more

Reviewed 12 August 2014
Kershia Kewi W
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Evening DOOR STAFF

Went to the Mix on a birthday do with my hubby and family last Sat, 10 of us spending money, didn't... read more

Reviewed 17 October 2016
Diana F
Burnley, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

Myself and two friends called in for lunch we have never been before and to be honest won't be going back!!! The two starts I have given is for the staff who were very nice polite and helpful.
The food was dreadful we ordered two jacket potatoes with chilli and a full monty breakfast.
The chilli was tasteless and had not even had chilli wafted over it the mince beef they had used was cheap and fatty!!!
The breakfast was very poor quality sausage and bacon and the black pudding was wafer thin!!
The food is very very overpriced for the quality you get you do get decent size portions but it's quality not quantity that counts!!!

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed 29 October 2015

Came to the mix with friends for lunch. been many times before but never given a review.
the service was very good and friendly,all our food was very good. ,My friend had the thai fish cakes which she said were very good. It was all served very nice and we enjoyed the food,in a relaxed atmosphere.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

I have been here a few times now and it is spot on each time! The food is always freshly made and flavoursome and the staff are always friendly and helpful, The Mix is my favorite place to eat.. I had the full monty fry up that was hot, the egg was done to perfection and there was so much I couldn't finish! My sister had a chicken wrap that she said was very fresh and the chicken was moist and juicy... Hats off to the chef!! A+++++++++

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

If not cold food it's over cooked and burnt. Also extremely expensive, most staff slow and unhelpful defiantly won't be making another visit.

Reviewed 7 December 2014 via mobile

Went with my partner for his works Christmas do. We were quite a large group so we're asked to select our choice of food prior to the night. Evening started well the table's were decked with the usual crackers and service commenced but that's where it ends. The first course was either soup or mushrooms. Soup was brought out and out and out. No mushrooms in sight even after we advised the serving staff that we were all waiting for mushrooms!! Still more soup arrived. When we eventually got them there were two versions!!! One was button mushrooms in what could only be described as a cream soup not what we expected. Main course next the choice was salmon,Turkey or beef. Guess what they were served in that order. Salmon came first served with a dried up sauce, watery veg and boiled potatoes with one roast potatoe! I just ate the salmon. Whilst the people ate there dish the others sat patiently waiting. 40 minutes later the beef still hadn't been served but lots of gravy boats were placed on every table. When we said the meals should have been together we were told "what's it matter" by this time my partner had given up and no longer wanted his meal so we vacated to the bar. Other people then got the beef after the tables had started being cleared . They said that only the potatoes were hot everything else was cold. Later we learned that there had been a fire in the kitchen! The very young staff didn't appear to have any structure to the service and we're unsure of what they were doing. Didn't see anyone who looked to be the manager. Won't be going back to eat there anytime soon.

4  Thank Angela C