“Visit here on an fun day”
Review of Thompson Park

Thompson Park
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Burnley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Visited when there was a fun day on a Sunday.
The park is well looked after,the park rangers do do a very good job.
They are always helpful.
The facilities are good,good area for children to play.
Toilet areas are clean.
A lovely place to walk around.

Date of experience: June 2018
"children playing"
in 3 reviews
"mini train"
in 2 reviews
"weekends and bank holidays"
"monkey nuts"
"flower beds"
"older children"
in 2 reviews
"certain times of the year"
"trains running"
"lovely family"
"little boy"

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

After the children's park has been refurbished, this park has improved massively. The improvement of the boating lake is still in progress so I cannot comment on this . However, if it is the same quality as the new playground, the park would be a hit. My only complaint is the state of the paddling pool. I am unsure if this is being refurbished also but I hope so as it is fairly worn and dirty. Overall a great park and a great place for a day out

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Ruby Jane E
Reviewed 11 June 2018

On my last visit to this public park, I considered it a Health Hazard and completely run-down.
Today I see that the town has has renovated all aspects of the this popular small family park. I would now give it 5 out of 5. I am not aware of the financial cost, but I would suggest millions of pounds have been spent, for anyone and everyone to enjoy.
Three cheers to Burnley Council and all the hard working Council Tax payers.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank John D
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Love going here at weekends because throughout the year they have different things going on or if not across the Road at Queen park. I look after. Young man with autism at weekends and he just loves the miniature railway. The staff there are fab with him and so nice and helpful. I did try the the boating lake but the young staff on the day we're having a slight (altercation) shall we say in front of the public and my young man sensed this and his behaviour went most solemn. However with an email the council dealt with this and responded most well.
Only things I would say is the disabled toilets need a full overall. Cafe has limited choice so picnic would be better. And the left of the lake from the cafe/boating house is a mine of swan, duck and goose muck. But hey, they live there.
Cheers but do enjoy.