All reviews boutique hotel beautiful hotel lounge area isle of sheppey deluxe room scallops cooked to perfection fabulous views high standard the ground floor sea bass eggs benedict a wonderful stay couldn't fault comfortable bed family room breakfast room
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first visit to this establishment
It was evening so we could not bask in the views as per website

Scallops...... man I love scallops and these were fantastic
Fellow seated diners were happy with their portions

Dinner
Fillet beef....... bloody awesome.... juicy ..... superb

K was happy with Sea Bass....didn’t set a low tone (little musical whim there)

Our partners in crime were very happy as well

Kudos to all concerned

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Toni S, General Manager at Crescent Turner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Hugh,

We are so happy that you all enjoyed your dinner with us! Thank you for letting us know about your experience.

Next time you will have to come back for lunch so that you can bask in the views this time.

Kind regards,
Toni

Reviewed 13 October 2018

This is a very nice boutique hotel in a lovely quiet spot. We had two deluxe rooms with sea views, and they were both massive and decorated in a really funky style, glittery and leopard printy! My room had doors going onto a lovely garden and my friend’s had a balcony. The bathroom’s were both huge with big luxurious showers, but no baths. Breakfast was good quality and very nice with a choice of a large range of egg based options and full English, etc. Service was very charming.

There are a few small things that would make this place excellent. Firstly, they ask you to pay upfront before you’ve even seen the room and despite the room being held with my credit card. I’ve never experienced this in a hotel and I found this really off. What if we hadn’t liked the rooms or had had a complaint we wanted to discuss in the morning or something? Or did they not trust us not to do a runner, in which case they already had my credit card details? Taking money in advance suggested to me that the hotel didn’t care about how our stay was and also then they got no feedback when we left and no one asked how it had been. I really think this should be rethought. I agree with some other reviewers that there are small maintenance problems they need to get on top of. There were scuffs on the wall of my room, some small furniture chips, and 5 Daddy Long Legs flying about. I didn’t want to make a fuss so I put them outside but it wasn’t a great thing to have to do. The gazebo outside my room squeaked all night in the wind and the top of it was very dirty and should be removed. My friend had a fridge that didn’t work. Some of the garden furniture was grubby and a bit worse for wear. None of these are big things but it’s just such a shame they aren’t on top of these small details that would take very little time to fix.

Overall this really is a nice place but for £170 per night they really need to up their game on check in and check out and keep on top of the maintenance a bit more.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Toni S, General Manager at Crescent Turner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Kris,
Thank you very much for your review, and your polite advise.
Of course we trust our guests and we never suspect that anyone will leave without paying.
Due to extreme popularity of our hotel,every booking agent would like to work with us.
As we use several of them they provide us with virtual credit card not the real credit card due to data protection.
There advise is for us to call our customer and take payment prior to arrival or ask the guest to pay on arrival.
Once we obtain the real credit card details from our guests then they can put their dinner drinks or any other charges to pay on departure.
Should the guests chose to contact us directly and make the reservation directly with us then we don't take payment on arrival.
All of the above maintenance are in progress now, due to 100% occupancy we have been unable to access the rooms and do the necessary maintenance. Unfortunately only one of our rooms have bath and that is room no 10.
My team and I are hoping that on your next visit you will have the pleasure of enjoying all the improvement we have made in the hotel

Warm Regards
Toni Spasovski

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

We are very excited to stay with these guys in December. We were due to stay this weekend and had paid in full but we had a death in the family and needed to move our booking. The way that this was dealt with was genuinely with some on the best customer service that I have ever come across . They were under no obligation to move our booking but did so with out hesitation or query. Excellent! See you in December

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr &Mrs Marksmen,
On behalf of my team and myself please accept our deepest sympathy for your loss.
We are delighted that we were of assistance to you during your sad time.
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcome you in December.

Warm Regards
Toni Spasovski

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Firstly staff amazing. Very welcoming the hotel was quirky. Afternoon tea was lovely. Tea refill quick. View was wonderful xx. All my aunt would say. More sandwiches less cakes. I loved the cakes x. Was not made to feel rushed a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Grump001

Thank you for such a lovely response, we are very glad that your aunt and yourselves all had a lovely time with us.
We will definitely take your feedback about more cakes on board.
We hope to see you again soon maybe even for your aunts special 100th!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Having had lunch and a Sunday roast before we decided to book this hotel for a 70th birthday celebration. Everyone enjoyed it immensely. The grounds and view are amazing. Fortunately it was a beautiful day and the children were able to amuse themselves outside while the adults chatted. The staff couldn’t do enough for us and the table was set beautifully. Would thoroughly recommend it for family celebrations or in fact just lunch.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank discerningf00die

Thank you for choosing us to come and celebrate a special birthday, we are very happy to hear that you had a lovely time.
We appreciate your kinds words and look forward to having you come back to visit us again.