All reviews sea view mini bar sash windows nice bathroom oysters east quay pancake machine buffet style sea front lovely hotel standard room car park black pudding breakfast was amazing family room first floor lovely view
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Had a great little layover. Friendly accommodating staff, perfect family room at back of the hotel, lots of space, clean and perfect for small children. Stairs a little of a ways to march up and down to but still fine. Breakfast was a winner, such a great spread of cooked breakfast and cereal and toast etc... Lovely serving staff, the lady frying the eggs to perfection was a wonder to watch. Will return. Note very close to beach, perfect little break with family!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 22 September 2018

ok, so this hotel was fairly cheap. (we booked it last minute).

no sea view...just a noisy carpark and garage. fair enough, no biggy.

what totally lets this place down is the eggshell thin walls. We could hear every cough, sneeze and fart from the surrounding rooms...above, beside below.

all the room doors were fire doors which crashed shut every 5 mins.

and the worst thing of all was the staff. in the morning for breakfast the staff were young and unfriendly. miserable and cold.

why does young always equal miserable when it comes to staff???

the food was pretty horrible. the coffee was disgusting.

while we were getting food from the buffet one of the staff delivered a tea for someone else to our table. so when we came back we had an angry old woman tutting at us and expecting us to move. We didn't. she eventually moved, moaning.

A pointless bit of stress caused by a dopey idiot young member of staff who couldn't be bothered to be professional or attentive. too much effort.

the only good thing about our stay was the reception staff allowed us to store our luggage before and after checkout. That was nice

Room tip: bribe the staff
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cafetripmonkey
Reviewed 7 September 2018

I booked this hotel for 2 nights for my husbands 50th birthday. The room was small but nice with a nice sea view and balcony. We had a lovely family lunch at the Whitstable Oyster Company. The big disappointment in this hotel was the staff and the breakfast. Firstly when we arrived for breakfast we selected one of the few tables that were laid and it was so sticky my sleeves stuck to it. I was incredibly disappointed to find a 'premier inn' style buffet breakfast, for £145 per night I would expect a buffet continental and a freshly cooked hot breakfast. Tea was brought to our table but no milk to be seen. I asked at the hot food station for milk and they sent me into the bar, the bar then sent me back to the hot food station. I was eventually told that someone will bring the milk to my table. Meanwhile my tea is going cold and no milk arrives so I help myself to a large jug of cereal milk. I then look at what is available to eat that is 'fresh' and I notice a sign saying poached eggs can be ordered, so I wait at the hot food section and I wait and I wait. I then flag down a waitress and order 2 poached eggs. By now my husband has finished his breakfast, my tea is cold and I am feeling very upset that I have chosen this hotel for his 50th birthday. What a let down. We wait and wait and no sign of the eggs so we give up and make our way out of the restaurant. I then hear someone from the kitchen shouting across the restaurant 'does she not want the eggs now!' How embarrassing! I went back in and said that I had given up waiting and in fact it was like a scene from Faulty Towers. I was so upset that I cancelled my stay for the following evening and cut short our trip. When I went to reception they immediately agreed to refund me but I was so upset I didn't feel up to explaining what had happened and the lady on duty didn't really have the maturity to deal with situation apart from apologising that I was unhappy. I would avoid staying here if you want a nice relaxing breakfast. If that doesn't bother you then it has nice views and that's where it ends. One other point the noise of the doors in the near by rooms are very loud.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

This was my first experience of sleeping so close to the sea that I could actually hear the waves whilst lying in bed. It was amazing! I'd love to return!
The room was lovely and clean, modern with an incredible sea view.
Breakfast had lots of choice with fresh kippers and eggs made to order - as well as a pancake machine!

Room tip: Make sure you get a sea view room - it is worth it!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I stayed at this hotel the night before and the night of my wedding. I had booked different rooms for the two nights which was a bit of a logistic nightmare (an oversight on my behalf). However on the day, the hotel staff went out of their way to help it all run smoothly. They were so kind and helpful and I really appreciated everything they did to relieve my stress. The hotel itself was beautiful, clean and our room had an amazing view of the sea. The breakfast was great too- lots of choice! We were so happy to have chosen this hotel for our wedding stay.

Date of stay: August 2018