“C**p Food - Deep Fried and Microwaved”

Ye Olde Chequers Inn Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 113 Restaurants in Tonbridge
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We decided to have a lunch at the pub which we thought being it was a decent looking menu...... oh how wrong we were!
The sandwiches we ordered took over 45 mins! to come out and the children's chicken nuggets were said to be "breaded chicken" turned out to be a rock hard deep fried chicken dipper! my little one is not a fussy eater but there was no way i'd let her eat them, they slid across the plate because of the grease.
The waitress looked dirty and even stopped whilst we waited for lunch and spoke to other customers smoking in the communal garden (which is actually against the law) she didn't care and slung it on the table.
We didn't really eat it and decided to head to the Hilden Manor instead - I couldn't get to the bar to complain as there was no staff so take note DO NOT GO IF YOU HAVE KIDS OR WANT DECENT FOOD its dreadful.

3  Thank katiewood2007

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Really nice roast today, went here on a whim. Roast for under a tenner, can’t beat it! Very generous portions, I had the lamb and couldn’t finish everything on my plate! Really tasty too. Friendly staff as well

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

On June 18th the person that was swearing was told by the bar staff to stop as people were eating then she left

1  Thank janco52
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We use this pub 2-3 times a month and have always found it ok. However last Saturday we went in and my partner ordered a Vodka and diet Coke. She asked for a slightly taller glass and was told she would be charged for another "splash" of Coke at 75p. She pointed out that had never been charged before she was still charged so £4.50 for a single Vodka and die coke! We won't be back.

3  Thank ianjetta16v
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a bite to eat with my missus and my 8yr old son. We had sausages in a giant yorkshire (4 sausages) which had a nice rich onion gravy, cheeseburger with onion rings and chips - the burger and the onion rings were homemade and really nice - and a steak and onion baguette. We had 3 cokes too and it came to just over £27, which I thought was really reasonable given the quality. The only downside was that this was lunchtime and there was a very loud, drunk, foul-mouthed woman and every other word was F***. She came round to the restaurant side to ask a random stranger if she could buy his T-shirt! There was another young lad the with his dad too, I think the staff should have discouraged this common, vulgar language, but they seemed to be friends. Thankfully she staggered off soon after we arrived. We very nearly walked out over it and that's the only reason I've given 4 stars instead of 5.

2  Thank Stevie_Ramone