“Janet luff”

Ye Olde Chequers Inn Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 111 Restaurants in Tonbridge
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

On June 18th the person that was swearing was told by the bar staff to stop as people were eating then she left

1  Thank janco52

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We use this pub 2-3 times a month and have always found it ok. However last Saturday we went in and my partner ordered a Vodka and diet Coke. She asked for a slightly taller glass and was told she would be charged for another "splash" of Coke at 75p. She pointed out that had never been charged before she was still charged so £4.50 for a single Vodka and die coke! We won't be back.

3  Thank ianjetta16v
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a bite to eat with my missus and my 8yr old son. We had sausages in a giant yorkshire (4 sausages) which had a nice rich onion gravy, cheeseburger with onion rings and chips - the burger and the onion rings were homemade and really nice - and a steak and onion baguette. We had 3 cokes too and it came to just over £27, which I thought was really reasonable given the quality. The only downside was that this was lunchtime and there was a very loud, drunk, foul-mouthed woman and every other word was F***. She came round to the restaurant side to ask a random stranger if she could buy his T-shirt! There was another young lad the with his dad too, I think the staff should have discouraged this common, vulgar language, but they seemed to be friends. Thankfully she staggered off soon after we arrived. We very nearly walked out over it and that's the only reason I've given 4 stars instead of 5.

2  Thank Stevie_Ramone
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

First and last visit. Managers both drunk and very rude. Friend got caught up on fence in garden landlords both flipped out. Accused children of doing it. Very nasty landlords. To get hot water for baby bottle was a nightmare. Not family friendly. Only go if your an alcoholic who don't care! Rude rude rude.

6  Thank mindiwest
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I called in for a drink only. Building from the fourteenth century and attractive. Inside was nice with a good selection of beers.