“Why has it closed?! ”

Rare Species Conservation Centre
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Just come on here to leave a brilliant review and have found out from over reviews that it's closed?! Why? :( and what's happened to all of the animals? It's going to play on my mind now! I came here a while back with my younger cousin and there were lots of lovely animals being well looked after and we had the oppurtinity to see otters have their dinner which was so cute I love otters! Such a shame to hear that this place has closed :( !

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Has the rare breeds centre at sandwich closed down, after all the money being spent on it. Where have all the animals gone.

43  Thank magi1952
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

Having looked at the leaflets avaliable at the holiday centre we saw the Slow Loris which we have been quite taken by. After enjoying the animals on offer I had to ask about Mr. Loris I was advised that that area had been closed off as people had been banging on it's window and upsetting it. Not the Centre's fault but still upsetting. Some great animals to be seen but I believe the place has closed now. Big shame. Probably expensive when you can't see the creatures you paid for.

5  Thank Phil T
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

Although it was expensive here, i was quite looking forwards to seeing the finished product of this quaint yet lovely little zoo. Sad that it has shut.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

So unbelievably sad to hear this place is / has closed. I am not one for zoo's as I don't believe you should keep animals in captivity but having met the staff and seeing how the animals were kept I can honestly say I am actually heart broken it's closed. Every single staff member is completely into the well being of the animals. They were full of knowledge and happy to chat with you about everything. The conditions of the animals were amazing, I've often been to zoo's where the animals look sad/dazed and confused but they all looked happy here and they were often taken out their enclosures and played with. My faves were the binturongs.

Good luck to all the staff and well done for trying so hard to keep this place going. If I was rich I'd buy it and keep it alive!

Let's hope all the animals continue to be kept as well as they were kept here - where ever they end up x

8  Thank Poppy - Florenc... W