Sands Hotel(Margate)
  • Breakfast included
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$185/night.

Smiths Court Hotel(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$151
Dalby Rooms(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$99
Travelodge Margate Westwood(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$99
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$138
Hussar Hotel(Margate)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstep back in timeliving museumquirky hoteljane bishopbygone eramuseum piecessunday lunchcream teacharacter and charmhanging basketson displaytime warpfour posterafternoon teawell worth a visitsconesbalcony room
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We liked the hotel, and staff were lovely.. Our room was refurbished and the bathroom and room very clean. However we did find the levels of dust on the museum displays and the amount of stuff jammed in small rooms a little... creepy. Our breakfast was fine and again the staff lovely... Our only real moan was the double bed in 210 was incredibly creaking which disturbed our sleep

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2018

The service you receive in this hotel is 2nd to none, well done to Owner Jane, Her Family & Staff. The rooms are very comfortable & very clean. Great location. Food is excellent. Been there 3 years running, 1st year 2016 - my partner & me, 2nd year 2017 - us 2, my eldest son, daughter in law & daughter, my youngest son & his mate, this year, last weekend 1 June - 3 June, us 2, my eldest son (his family couldn’t make it), my brother & his partner. Got to start planning next years weekend as want more family to enjoy our experience in this lovely hotel, that’s if we don’t get there sooner, can’t wait to go back!

Room Tip: All rooms we have stayed in were good
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We have just returned from a weekend staying at the Walpole Bay hotel and loved it. All the staff are friendly and helpful and make you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. The décor is super quirky and we loved it, there's something to look at everywhere you turn. The old lift is brilliant too.
We had breakfast each morning which was tasty. It is a little way from Margate town, about a 15 min walk which we did most the time, but if you fancy a taxi it cost us £3.60 to the town centre!
Will 100% be returning when we go back to Margate for the comfy beds and drinks on the beautiful veranda.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I live in Margate after having moved here in 2003 with Kirstie and Phil from Channel 4 s show Relocation Relocation when Margate was not on the trendy culture map. I am an artist so i like the signed napkins from all famous artists and famous ones in the Dining Room. Lots of weird and wonderful things in the showcases in the main hall. Fossils and old Victorian finds that are fun.Modern hotels are now nice but a bit dead personlaity wise but not at Walpole Bay. It's a bit of a joy for a creative person.
Jane always makes me feel welcome for Sunday lunches and i bring my VIP clients/friends there where the piano is playing and I feel finally comfortable and relaxed. Last weekend I had a very special friend visiting Margate who is a very well travelled international business person and he was so impressed at the level of courtesy and personal service. Jane the owner personally checked how happy we were with the lunch/ room and if anything we needed which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Good value . Great views to sea. Luxury feel with quirky edge.,
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Spent a weekend in Margate and it was just marvellous. If you enter Jane's hotel, its like entering a time machine. The interior is so quaint, but the views are sky rocking - out of space, so is the service by Jane. If you ever tired of luxury hotels and you are just looking for great accomodations with delicious food and geniune service. Here we are!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends