“Outstanding ”

The Old Post Office
Reserve with OpenTable
The Old Post Office is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 209 Restaurants in Margate
Price range: US$33 - US$79
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Simply the best food I’ve eaten by far in Margate . Best Mojito ever and friendly staff . Small menu with two vegetarian main options . All the food was fabulous . We took the Kentish asparagus and fondue balls to start . I had cauliflower steak with cauliflower cheese on the side .... I like cauliflower and my boyfriend had the Dover sole all was cooked to perfect. Great atmosphere too. I want to go again !

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had amazing coffee and the best almond croissants I have ever tasted! I can’t comment on actual meals but the service was great, the interior of the restaurant and the bar are beautiful and the bathrooms were immaculate. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We returned for the 3rd time and immediately felt something was wrong?
Menu was not as it was? Where is the amazing tasting menu?
We then found out chef has gone and under new management! Staff all changing too!
Not a happy vibe overall.
Food only average now.

4  Thank flashpacker50
Reviewed 5 June 2018

The decor of this restaurant is truly wonderful , but enjoy it as the food does not come up to the same high standard . On arriving we were met by an extremely polite waitress who took our drinks order . The wine list is good and although a little expensive is acceptable . The menu is for my liking is very small and on first inspection seems short of variety . I opted for smoked mackerel followed by Dover sole , my wife had terrine followed by the sole . Both starters were extremely small mine consisting of two tiny portions of smoked mackerel and horseradish pate . My wife's starter was also rather mean . When the main course arrived it consisted of a fish finger sized piece of soul which was not cooked through . At the price they charge I would have felt a little cheated by the size of portion but not being able to cook it properly left me very disappointed . My partners fish was exactly the same as my offering . Ill not be returning !!!!

1  Thank Tony H
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Amazing venue, fantastic service and stunningly wonderful food. Lunch or dinner or just bar nibbles, everything is perfect