“Needs some money spending on it and better management.”
Review of Folkestone Racecourse - CLOSED

Folkestone Racecourse
Reviewed 4 September 2012

999 Family day was well attended. Objected to Cello taped sign saying OAP £11 outside...Seniors would be a better way of putting it. £17 adult entrance fee was too expensive. One of the refreshment vans advertised tea and coffee but couldn't actually make either. The Thai Experience food stall was very slow and mixed the chicken and the veggie in the same wok...a complete no no to any veggie as my wife will testify. Side stalls were very poor quality. The whole place looks and feels outdated and there was a condemned grandstand at one end which was very poorly cordoned off. Having said that everybody seemed to be enjoying themselves and it was for a very good cause.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

My first time at Folkestone Races, unfortunately it could be my last as it may be closing. Shame, just as we have just discovered it!
Lovely warm summer eve, one of the few this year We took our own picnic ate in the car park as we were not allowed to take food into the venue.
Portaloos a bit of a disapointment and drinks verrrrrry expensive. Take That experience good and the 'disco' afterwards was revving up with a few tipsy horse racing revellers dancing! Good fun.Best dressed lady competition result was a bit of a surprise.
I hope it doesn't close as I would like to go back next year to lose more money!lol.
I would rate this venue higher if the toilets were better and drinks a fair price.
Overall a great afternoon/evening.

1  Thank Woola56
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Family fun day superb, 16 of us had a great day out. Our ages varied from 1year old to grandad aged 92 years old. Those that ate stated the food was lovely.

1  Thank anniehever
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Beautiful weather (yes, there were some great days even in July 2012), perfect setting near the Kent coast, whole family entertainment, magnificent horses, the excitement of a flutter and the challenge of weighing up the odds, with the possibility of a win to cover the outlay. What could be better?! There are always small improvements that could be made, more seating, more local food and drink stalls, alternative entertainment starts earlier, etc. But the race meeting on 26th July was a highlight of the summer for me, and for others in the family too!

1  Thank George T