Folkestone Racecourse - CLOSED

Near perfect English summer evening

Reviewed 5 August 2012
George T
Phnom Penh, Cambodia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My first time at Folkestone Races, unfortunately it could be my last as it may be closing. Shame, just as we have just discovered it!
Lovely warm summer eve, one of the few this year We took our own picnic ate in the car park as we were not allowed to take food into the venue.
Portaloos a bit of a disapointment and drinks verrrrrry expensive. Take That experience good and the 'disco' afterwards was revving up with a few tipsy horse racing revellers dancing! Good fun.Best dressed lady competition result was a bit of a surprise.
I hope it doesn't close as I would like to go back next year to lose more money!lol.
I would rate this venue higher if the toilets were better and drinks a fair price.
Overall a great afternoon/evening.

1  Thank Woola56
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Family fun day superb, 16 of us had a great day out. Our ages varied from 1year old to grandad aged 92 years old. Those that ate stated the food was lovely.

1  Thank anniehever
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Beautiful weather (yes, there were some great days even in July 2012), perfect setting near the Kent coast, whole family entertainment, magnificent horses, the excitement of a flutter and the challenge of weighing up the odds, with the possibility of a win to cover the outlay. What could be better?! There are always small improvements that could be made, more seating, more local food and drink stalls, alternative entertainment starts earlier, etc. But the race meeting on 26th July was a highlight of the summer for me, and for others in the family too!

1  Thank George T
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We only stayed briefly because my son was unwell but the place has really been improved and is quite family orientated now

Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

Who would have thought it, A day at the race course would be fun. Was very entertaining, makes me want to become a horse trainer. We were greeted with nice staff and entertainment.