Review Highlights
Gem

Came to visit brewery this pub is brilliant From the 2nd we walked in Friendly Welcome from the... read more

Reviewed 1 July 2018
Ken M
Warrington, United Kingdom
via mobile
Nice Pub, Good Beer

Lovely traditional Kentish pub. Nice atmosphere, and friendly staff. If I have to be honest, I'd... read more

Reviewed 27 April 2018
Rus T
Whitstable, United Kingdom
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Exploring Faversham we stumbled on the Sun inn. A modernised Shepherd and Neame pub. It was tastefully done. I ordered a steak. I was expecting another type of steak but got the fillet steak. It was wonderful. The other meal was Cod and chips which was great. But when it came to Desert we appear to have been forgotten, so we left without desert. If we hadn't been forgotten it would have been a maximum.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Wow what a find just by chance we came across this walled back entrance that led into a garden that was fairly busy , to the left was another patio area large with lots of tables and quite enclosed . Going ahead seemed like a bit of an alley way that leads you into the pub itself .
To the left firstly was a snug area then further in there was a huge restaurant area packed with people and an amazing atmosphere nicely done out and in keeping with the old pub . The aromas from there were truly memorable and the food looked delicious. Definitely booking soon !! We went to the bar and no one was ignored the staff were on the ball and really looking after their customers and very well at it too , very polite and a smile , that goes along way with people . To the back of the pub was another seating area, on from there was a stage area with a band playing the atmosphere was buzzing . From the front its just a little old English town pub quaint but a Tardis !
This for me is perfect in every way , you can imagine it hasn't changed in many years a really piece of history. Definitely going back! Definitely booking a meal. See you there!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Sun Inn last weekend the service was good and there was a good selection of Beer on offer. I had the Spitfire Gold and my wife had a glass of white wine. We sat in the garden which was very nice and bit of a sun trap. I felt the garden could have done with a bit of a tidy up but my wife liked the slightly unkept look. We were not planning to eat there but my wife saw the food coming out to other customers and said it looked good. So we had the fish cakes and a bowel of chips to share. The food was of great quality and very reasonably priced and the waitress was friendly and very helpful.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I have been to this pub several times and I can't help but feel this is my favourite pub out of all the pubs in faversham. It's got such a cosy warm feeling. The only thing I don't like is drinks tend to be quite expensive - but it really is a lovely pub.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2016

We recently stayed here and had a great one night stay. We were upgraded for free to a spacious room overlooking the High St. The room was very well equipped and the huge bed was very comfortable . We could not have wanted for anything more.
Breakfast was delicious and well cooked. Would highly recommend.

Date of experience: July 2016