“What has happened? Gone downhill”

The Three Horseshoes Inn Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in Letchworth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

There was a time, you'd walk into here and the barman would shout 'booze', you might have only popped in to have a coke but 6 hours later you'd leave having consumed copious amounts of beer. Him and the blonde geezer were a credit to the place, total legends. Staff were always funny, friendly a real good bunch of staff. It was always a pleasure visiting my mother at Norton farm with that mix. its been a couple of years since I've been here, my mum passed. I was in the area on the last bank holiday Monday and thought I'd drop in -me expecting it to be the same. Gutted. It was like walking into a completely different pub. Staff were 'very dark' and sullen, I thought I'd walked into The Adams Family living room. One staff member was rolling her eyes behind a customers back. Such a shame as it used to be so nice.

1  Thank martindaniels997

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Went for Father’s Day dinner and found the staff very helpful in sorting out my meal. As it was Father’s Day they had not prepared a gluten free menu as they normally do. Food was lovely and help by the very friendly staff. I would book as it gets busy.

1  Thank Chrispy17
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Great food, efficient service! We were a party of 7 including one child and all ordered the Sunday roast. The food was well cooked, very tasty and lots of it. The only thing I would ask for from the management is slightly bigger plates...when they are piled so high with food (which is a good thing!) it’s hard to find space to easily cut the meat/Yorkshire pudding etc up, particularly when the chicken is on the bone and not sliced. Otherwise I can’t knock it, would definitely go again!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

This is probably our first visit since its been taken over, its our local go to for a quick meal. Booked table, arrived and shown to the table and then pretty much that was it .. had to go to the bar and get menus ourselves, no drinks order taken, even once we'd requested the menus (you would of thought you would then be on the radar) we had to go to the bar to order drinks and food. It wasn't busy, loads of staff just not doing what they should be doing ! Ordered a starter to share then mains, no surprise when everything came at once either, I sincerely hope they sort this out, shocking in this day and age to have such bad service.

2  Thank Stephanie020
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

The three horseshoes is a good pub, restaurant and gig place.

I’ve been there twice in the last week, the first with some friends where we had a meal and some drinks which can to £60 for the 4 of us.

The second time was with a friend where we stopped in whilst on s walk to have a pint.

The pub is dog friendly and you can take your dog in all parts of the pub.

There is also s nice seating area outside if the weather is good.

My wife has also been here to see the soul man at least once.

The only down sides are the food is s but basic, but we were happy with that and the drinks were expensive. It cost us nearly £20 for two pints (one large the other bitter).

I would recommend this as s nice place yo stop to either and evening out or s short break.