Reviews (3 086)
3 086 results
1 812
1 812
All reviews golf course afternoon tea glass house walled garden outdoor pool special occasion sandwiches round of golf buffet lunch play golf birthday treat spa treatments beautiful grounds relaxation room staff were attentive buffet style west wing
525 - 530 of 3 086 reviews
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Planned a restful weekend at the supposedly top notch hotel. First room we checked into (Superior, having been upgraded via loyalty card) had a mouldy bathroom, used toiletries and hair from previous guest, faulty TV and blown lightbulbs. Complained to manager who immediately upgraded us to a VP-Suite. Lovely room, but freezing cold, heating didn't work. Raised with manager, promised resolution. Returned from a lovely dinner at Collette's, room still frozen but with a bottle of champagne to apologise. Requested heater, but couldn't use as made awful smell. Went to bed cold with jumper on! Following morning after a good breakfast, wife went to Spa, but her treatment (booked in advanced and confirmed at check-in) had been forgotten, offered limited replacement. On a wider note, from the overall look of the West Wing, its obviously been heavily used and not tarted up for years. And the Mansion whilst better kept seemed disorganised with laundry trolleys blocking the halls and rubbish carts left by elevators. Complained at checkout offered small discount. Weekend ruined, should have stayed at home and just visited restaurants which are good. Kicking myself for not having refused to pay for the room, would welcome refund. Even a Travelodge at £80 would have been clean, mould free and heated. Shameful really.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, and visit only for restaurants
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Familyoffourt
TheGroveHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

Please be assured this certainly isn't our normal level of service, and accept my apologies that you didn't enjoy your stay. I am concerned to hear of your experience, and if you would like to email grelations@thegrove.co.uk we can investigate this further for you.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

We went for a buffet lunch at the Glass House. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and a popular place to eat. The choice and quality of food was excellent and the service unobtrusive, but ever present. Although the tables are crammed in together, the atmosphere is relaxed and you are not hurried out of the restaurant when you have finished eating.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience at The Glasshouse.

I am delighted that you had excellent food and service, and that you felt you could relax with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Grove in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

We were only there to sleep and leave the next morning. The bed must've been a super super king size. It was huge and ever so comfortable. The bathroom was gorgeous with a great shower. View from my room was overlooking the grounds and was fabulous. Unfortunately I did not have enough time to use all of the hotels facilities but that just means I will have to come back. Thoroughly recommend this place.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Grove.

I am pleased to hear your room provided great comfort, and the view was fabulous. Additionally that you would thoroughly recommend us, which I will certainly pass onto the team.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to The Grove in the future, and you can take advantage of our award-winning facilities.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely experience at The Grove. There was plenty of tea and coffee. My food was gluten free(previously ordered) but I was very surprised when filled rolls turned up on my plate. The menu had stated seasonal sandwich selection!!
Still the cakes were outstanding and the service excellent.
I have subsequently contacted the head chef who explained that they have a new gluten free bread supplier! I'm surprised that they don't bake their own!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Christmas Afternoon Tea.

I am delighted that you rewarded it with 5* and that you had a lovely experience. I will be sure to pass your comments to our head chef as a note for the future regarding the gluten-free bread. I will also pass your kind comments onto the respective team, and additionally share that the cakes were outstanding and service excellent.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Grove in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

I had a very enjoyable stay at The Grove during a recent business away day. The room I had was beautiful with Espa products and a large comfy four poster bed. The team provide a professional but friendly service which you would expect at this price point of hotel. Lovely grounds to sit out in and have a gin and tonic and dinner had a huge selection of delicious options.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
TheGroveHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Grove.

I am delighted you enjoyed your business away day, and especially that the rooms, Espa products, dinner and friendly service added to your stay. Additionally, that you were able to sit outside and enjoy our formal gardens.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.