Reviews (1 567)
1 567 results
All reviews champagne bar pro shop golf break hampshire suite driving range foot spa carvery restaurant spa facilities eco pods playing golf hot beds tribute night manor hotel atrium bar the main hotel steam room wedding venue
570 - 575 of 1 567 reviews
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Although in arrival the place looked massive it was easy to find my way round and everything was clearly sign posted.
Spent one night and played 2 rounds of golf. Course was in great condition, the food was very good and the room was ideal , nice and clean, and had a comfortable bed! The buffet dinner and breakfast had pretty much everything you'd need after or before a long round of golf. The bars were well staffed too.
Spot on.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
OldThornsCS, Guest Relations Manager at Old Thorns, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy you had a delightful stay here at Old Thorns and enjoyed our championship course.

Old Thorns makes every effort to create an experience above expectation. We do strive to make each guest feel special and cared for. We are happy that we succeeded. I shall pass on your remarks to the appropriate departments and individuals.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Booked a night away 'just because'. We had a really relaxing and enjoyable time. The complex is huge with two bars and an enormous restaurant. Whilst carvery wouldn't be my first choice for dinner, the food was well cooked and we enjoyed our evening meal. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, particular thanks to the young waiter with auburn hair who provided excellent service.
We really enjoyed the pool and accompanying facilities, make sure you pack your cossies!
My only criticism would be that our room (354) was way too hot which meant we didn't sleep very well. The windows only opened a crack and, whilst we kept the provided fan running all night, it was quite stuffy and uncomfortable. Whilst I appreciate installing air conditioning is expensive, being able to open the windows properly would have really helped.
Other than this though, we had an excellent mini break and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Hannah,

Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy you had a delightful stay here at Old Thorns. Our Windows have two catches, one for air but keeping the room secure, the other is wider for more air. I do apologize that this was not explained to you.

Old Thorns makes every effort to create an experience above expectation. We do strive to make each guest feel special and cared for. I shall pass on your remarks to the appropriate departments and individuals.

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

This is a huge hotel. If you like large sports and stag night orientated hotels with no aircon then this is the place for you.

Service was good and rooms very nice. Breakfast was good too but have to say this hotel is just too hot to sleep in. For a new and expensive hotel I really can't believe that aircon was not installed...madness! So if you want to pay £150 per night for no sleep...crack on!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Mary,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback be it positive or negative, as it helps us to grow and adapt to our guest’s needs. Every week we hold a meeting to go through all the customer comments that we have received. This is so that all our teams are aware of how we have performed from our customer’s perspective. Your comments about staff, service and ambiance have been addressed with the staff, supervisors and management.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

I stayed here for two nights as we had a wedding near by. The first night the room was so hot and stuffy as we were in the annex building and the windows don't open too wide. We did ask for an extra fan and an ice bucket which reception brought to us within ten minutes.
The food in the sports bar was okay - a little over priced. (especially the chocolate fudge cake serving, it was tiny for over £6)
The second night I was in the main building as I was sharing with my partner this night. We opened the patio doors for 20 minutes whilst getting ready for bed which really cooled the room down. The rooms were all lovely and spacious. The bed was huge. The Tea and coffee facilities included hot chocolate and biscuits which was a bonus.
The first day we had breakfast delivered to our room which was lovely. The second we went to the buffet which was equally nice. We were seated and got our food with no problems.
I lost my car key which a cleaner found and handed into reception so that was good. There is also Free WI-Fi.
Overall lovely stay, lovely location.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Hannah,

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Myself and 60 other friends and family booked here for my sisters wedding on Saturday 11 June for 2 nights. we arrived early so didnt expect our room to be ready, we were told it would be available from 3pm. when we went back to the reception at 2.50pm there was a que of people who had just arrived being checked in and we all were waiting for another 20 minutes, the check in was a shambles, and i must say the oldest receptionist(didnt get her name unfortunately) was the rudest and most unproffesional person I have ever came across.
we were then told we were across the way from the main hotel, which meant we were all separated!! I had booked two rooms one for myself and husband and another for my two sons, All i can say is that when we saw the building we were staying in it looked like a premier inn !! :( (which i do not mind at all, but we were paying 3 times as much as the premier in down the road). our room was very dard and gloomy as the small window had a view of a wooden board which was the height of the window to hide some building work being done in the field outside, i would of preffered to look at that :(, the windows only opened a small amount and we had no air conditioning in any of the rooms, to the point where with only 1 fan the room became extremely unbearable , I then woke on what was supposed to be an amazing exciting day for my sister, to a sore throat and feeling really ill. (due to the air in the room, or lack of it ), all the family members had the same problems with their rooms. On the morning of the wedding i needed to spend the morning with my sister getting her ready, which was extremely hard with the heat, in the end we had to have the door to the room open (which meant everybody walking past could see her ). she was more stressed than needed to be becouse of the lack of air conditioning. I just thank god she had the actual wedding elsewhere as the hotel would of been to hot.
Please please do not book your wedding here in the summer months....

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family