All reviews thyme restaurant plenty of parking hayling island car park meal deal single bed top floor air con easy access sat nav overnight stop a great nights sleep member of staff poached eggs modern hotel family room comfortable bed
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Stayed here for one night before going to the West Dean Chilli Fiesta. This worked for us perffectly. We had a family room for 2 adults and 1 teenager which was perfectly adequate as you would expect from a good quality budget hotel. Room was spacious and was very quiet. Breakfast for buffet style with cereal, cooked food and pastries. They also we able to take special orders - poached eggs. Suited us perfectly. We will stay here again. Added bonus of plenty of parking.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
HavantSouthPI, Manager at Premier Inn (Langstone/A27), responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear ChrisLV10,

Thank you for reviewing us and choosing to stay at Premier Inn Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27) whilst you attended the West Dean Chilli Fiesta; I hope you had a great time.
It's great to read that all of the hotel facilities and the 'All You Can Eat' breakfast met your needs and you enjoyed your short visit with us. As we are situated alongside the A27 dual carriageway we have triple glazing and insulated rooms to minimise the noise from external factors, I am pleased to see that these worked perfectly for yourself and your family.
Thank you once again for your review and I will pass on your feedback to the rest of the team here at the hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27) soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I found this Premier Inn to be pretty decent, the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms clean & a decent amount of parking. Now for the negative bit, the food in the restaurant in the evening was not the normal quality, it was very disappointing considering the prices they charge £2.55 for a 330 ml bottle of coke is close to highway robbery. However on the upside there is a carvery place just opposite where you can get a wide selection of drinks & meals at half the price. Although i must admit the breakfast was great.

Room tip: Don't expect too much in the way of dinner.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HavantSouthPI, Manager at Premier Inn (Langstone/A27), responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear Wildlifefan60,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your recent stay at Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27) Premier Inn. I am pleased to read that our staff made your stay more enjoyable with their friendly, helpful and professional manner with your room also being of high standard.
I apologise for the experience you had in our Thyme Restaurant within the hotel, I will pass on your comments to the team here at the hotel so we can work on improving the quality for our guests in the future. I am sorry to read that you found our menu quite expensive, unfortunately we are unable to amend any prices as they are generated for our location area.
On the positive side I am very happy to read that you found our 'All You Can Eat' breakfast to be of high quality and you enjoyed dining with us for breakfast.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us and I hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Havant South in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Reviewed 9 August 2017

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I have in my years stayed in many many hotels - both business and pleasure and also in many towns in the UK and around the world. As part of a 3 week induction with my new employer I was booked into the Premier Inn Havant (South) for about 15 nights. When I found out I was staying in the Premier Inn I have to admit my heart sank because I have mostly found their service to be impersonal, hurried and very much 'next please.

However, I soon found myself checking the name above the door, because I found the team there very much the opposite to what I had experienced previously in both Premier Inns and other hotels (both other Premier Inns and competitors).

Firstly I had to be up early to attend my induction and as such would miss breakfast! I don't wish to make a rod for their own backs, However, when I asked if they did breakfast doggie bags, they asked what time I needed breakfast and organised for me to be able to have cereals, toast, drinks, etc., so I could leave ready for the day!

This meeting of the customers needs mentality was evident with all the team members I met throughout my stay and would add that the GM was most definitely at the centre of this service mentality.

That said it was evident from the friendliness, service, approach and professionalism of everyone I met, that they took responsibility for making sure that each and every customer was treated as an individual in a genuine and personal way.

I will single one individual who was far and away the most memorable in terms of their device ethos and that is Dom. All I will say is Dom will make you feel at home rather than in a hotel and will make you feel relaxed and cared for and will make sure you feel looked after 100%. An assert to the hotel and brand and is most definitely destined a great future in hospitality - I was made to feel welcomed as I would if I had known Dom all my life.

So next time you're in Havant (South) and you need somewhere to stay where you will feel like a true guest, make sure you stay at the Premier Inn.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
HavantSouthPI, Manager at Premier Inn (Langstone/A27), responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Paul T,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay, this is absolutely fantastic to read that we have turned your expectations of Premier Inn as a brand from a negative to a positive.
It is great to read that you had a brilliant stay with us and the team went out of their way to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable for you.
We always try to make sure our guests have a great experience and a good night's sleep and I am pleased to read that we have fulfilled your every needs as one of our guests during your 15 night stay.
I will pass on your very kind feedback to the team here at Havant South, especially Dom who will be thrilled that you have wrote such kind words about him.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Portsmouth Havant South soon.