“Amazing service”

Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came for lunch today, it was a very hot day. Normally we would have to find a table outside and go to the bar to order. A waitress called Ellen took it upon herself to come outside to our table and others and take our order. She was very friendly, chatty. The food was good but the service was beyond. We didn’t have to leave the table once even for a drink and she knew exactly what we were drinking. Great experience over all and will definitely will be back.

Hall W, Manager at De Havilland Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ive eaten here a few times over the years, and after every time I say ‘never’ again. There’s often some issue with the food every time I eat there.

They can cook the odd thing correctly, but in the main, it’s not great.

I can’t recall meeting anyone who’s opinion is vastly different to mine. So I find it odd that people rave about this place.

I had hoped that after the recent returb things would have improved, but it’s the same just at a higher cost. I always measure a pubs food quality, based around the quality of the burger. On this occasion the chicken in the burger was like eating a chard leather shoe, sat between two layers of foam.

So this place is back on the black list for a while, there’s so much better quality on offer around the local area.

The service was OK and the staff are happy to help when asked.

Lastly, there is a variety of beers on offer, and the crisps are good. Sadly, no London Pride or local Hogs Back Tea, which is a shame. I understand it’s tied to a brewery, but they make all the fuss about being a community pub, but with little regard for the community they serve.

Please accept our apologies for giving you cause to post this review on Trip Advisor. We’d really like the chance to look into this matter further. We’d be very grateful if you could copy and paste your review, together with the Public House name and date of visit and email us at:
guestfeedback@hall-woodhouse.co.uk

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nice environment all the staff very helpful. Food was very good with a wide choice from multiple menus. Young children were very well catered for with activities and the food was of a good standard - all was consumed!

Thank you so much for your review, it is great to hear that you enjoyed visiting us. We hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went yesterday first time. Worst 'Steak & Ale' pie I've ever tasted. High in gristle and fat, -tasteless. A pile of shredded, unrecognisable, cold veg. Never again !!!

guestfeedback@hall-woodhouse.co.uk

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My friends and I came for lunch today, and after hearing rave reviews we had high expectations. The atmosphere of the pub was lovely, was great that dogs were permitted and the staff were generally very friendly. We all ordered the same food- croque monsieur- from the brunch menu. It is a dish that we all order regularly so had a pretty good idea of what to expect. What we were not expecting was essentially glorified cheese on toast with a bit of bacon. Firstly, the menu states that it is sough dour bread. It was not. It was closer to rye, but this was not necessarily a show stopper. What also wasn't stated on the menu is that there was tomato and onion chutney under the bacon and cheese. (Never have I had a croque monsieur that has this). For me this was not an issue- but my one friend is highly allergic to tomatoes so luckily I noticed this first. We then asked for it to be sent back and explained the situation to the waitress (who looked at us like it was our fault??). We then re read the menu and noticed that croque provencale contains the chutney but has no bacon. So clearly there was some miscommunication in the kitchen and we were served a mixture of the two dishes. With all due respect the dish was nice enough, just not what was stated on the menu, nor was it a usual croque monsieur and was expensive for what it was. Luckily we missed out on what could have been a dangerous situation for my friend!

Hall W, Manager at De Havilland Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We really appreciate your feedback; thank you for taking the trouble to post your review. We have taken your comments on board and do hope you will visit us again.