All reviewspetrol stationstop overnightrailway trackone night stopoverroom was cleanvending machineplace to stayshort driveplenty of parkingconvenient locationgood sizegood nights sleepharvesterrefurbishmentroundaboutmotorwaypub
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Clean and convenient for my stay as attending a party in Fleet. Reception helpful, a free phone on counter to order a taxi which arrived within 5 minutes, so no waiting. Hopefully will stay again next year.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Just what was needed for an
overnight stay and a taxi ride to where we were going for the evening. Staff were friendly and room was clean. The bed was as comfortable as more expensive hotels we have stayed in. I believe there is a railway track to one side of the hotel but luckily we were on the other so can’t comment on noise levels......

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I have rarely given an hotel a one star review, but this one really should have no stars at all. Yes, it was cheap, at £44, but if I hadn't been on my way home from Heathrow after a late flight, I would have left.

I sent photos of the floor, basin and lavatory to the CEO as soon as I got home, then re-sent them 2 weeks later, to give them a fair chance to respond, but nobody has bothered to get in touch. Enough is enough.

The corridor stank of damp and this didn't change when I opened the door to room 29. The room itself was a health hazard and the state of the toilet bowl actually made me gag. I apologise for posting the picture of it on here. I don't want to put anybody off if they're eating.

I stayed awake all night, as I wondered what state the mattress might be in under the sheets.

There is absolutely no excuse for such low standards. Any recent attempt at cleaning had obviously been perfunctory, if indeed any had been done at all. I left very early.

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here until they have done a deep clean!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Fleet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are really sorry to hear of your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we have passed your comments onto the hotel manager as this does not reflect Travelodge standards.

Could we kindly ask you to contact one of our Customer Services Advisors via our website help form with a copy of your review to look into this more thoroughly.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Hard beds and the breakfast is just cornflakes for £5.25. I dont even like cornflakes! The hotel does not have a restaurant so be warned. Would questions the cleanliness, don’t usually like bathing/showering with other people hair. Other than that it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Tilly from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Fleet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for your review and comprehensive feedback of our Fleet hotel.

We would like to apologise for the few issues that you encountered during your stay and we are really sorry that this may have affected your opinion of Travelodge.

We have passed on all your valuable comments to our colleagues in Torquay, and we would like to assure you that they can make constructive use of them.

Thank you again for helping us identify areas of improvement, our customers view is of the utmost importance to us.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Hotel has become very run down and tired - the rooms are mucky, with tea stains down the walls, the spare beds are extremely uncomfortable and unsuitable for a restful nights sleep. Some guests were very rude in that they thought it was OK to have a normal conversation in the corridor at normal volume at 2:30am! Bathrooms grubby, toilet stained as was shower curtain. All in all the hotel needs a good overhaul as it used to be such a lovely place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Fleet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.