All reviews old english inns greene king eggs benedict central location single room car park high street good size kippers bar and restaurant nice atmosphere a bit tired full english comfortable hotel breakfast was excellent evening meal following morning
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Who new?? I’ve been here on an evening in town with work colleagues but never thought to have a meal here. We had a lovely Sunday lunch - family of 2 adults and 3 children. Admittedly it was quiet (at 1400) but the service was great, the food of good portions, good quality and a great price.The staff even put up a bouncy castle in the beer garden just for our kids. We will definitely go here again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Nick M, Manager at Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for the great review, look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed 18 August 2018

We have just returned from a 2 night break at this lovely hotel.The hotel is spotlessly clean including both the public areas and the bedrooms.We had a twin room which was very comfortable with a good size bathroom. The breakfast was really good with plenty of choice. Particular thanks to Sharon who was very friendly and helpful in the Dining Room.There is plenty of parking and there are good bus links if you need them.We hope to return again in the autumn.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Nick M, Manager at Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Hi KidlingtonYellow,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your 2 nights stay with us. I will pass on your compliments to Sharon.
See you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The red lion hotel was very nice apart from our room having a smell Of damp. It was a decent size room and bathroom which were all spotlessly clean. The meals were delicious ams I would highly recommend everything on their menu. What did spoil our stay somewhat was the attitude from some of the staff. A couple of the came across moody and unfriendly with sour faced and a flat tone to their voices as if we were an inconvenience. This happened when we asked to sit at a table next to our children’s, which was larger but set for two. We were also refused an order for food at 9-30 when the cut off was 10pm, annoying us and losing them a decent food bill.

It was a shame that a few of their staff tarnished what would have been a near perfect stay !!!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BethW1143

Hi Beth W,
Thank you for taking the time to write the review.I will check with maintenance team the damp smell in the bedroom.
My sincere apologise for your Restaurant experience that night. Rest assured, I will look into what happened the evening you had issues with the staff. This is not our usual standard of service and all feedback is welcome to improve our customer experience.
I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Lovely spacious clean room with well appointed bathroom. I found all staff, Reception when arriving and leaving, the bar team and the breakfast team to be efficient and friendly. I would certainly stay here again. The hotel is situated close to shops, ATMs and restaurants and there is ample parking available.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Hi Chris S,
Thank you for your lovely review. I will pass on your compliments to the staff. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
See you again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We spent a wonderful 2 nights at The Red Lion Hotel in Fareham. All of the staff without exception were lovely and helpful. The service in the restaurant was perfect and the Breakfasts and Evening Meals were delicious. We were also able to have guest membership to the Sports Club which was 5 minutes walk away and could have had use of the swimming pool , although we did not use this facility it was nice to have the option.
The town had lots of shops, restaurants and coffee bars. we loved the location as well. as we could get to Portsmouth , Southampton and many other places of interest easily.
Our room was spacious , clean and comfortable.
Thank You to All The Staff for Everything. We definitely plan to come back in the near future,
Jean and Barry Martin

Room Tip: All rooms seemed Ok, but We stayed in the Stables section which we liked.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Nick M, Manager at Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Hi Jean and Barry Martin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our Hotel for a 2 nights stay. I will pass on your praise to the staff.
Hope to see you again soon.