“Nice restaurant”
Review of CAU Media City

CAU Media City
Ranked #12 of 379 Restaurants in Salford
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Description: CAU Media City is right at the heart of the action. Within walking distance of Old Trafford and the Lowry Theatre, and just 15 minutes by Metrolink from Manchester city centre, it’s got a great buzz and a menu to match. With outdoor space to catch the summer sun, it’s the perfect place to relax with a cocktail or two.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Nice modern restaurant in Media City Salford.
Good menu and friendly helpful staff
The food arrived promptly was well cooked and tasty

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We came here for an early pre-show meal. The restaurant was quiet so we got a table right away, but by the time we were finishing our mains a trio of diners were turned away with a half hour wait, much to their surprise. Well at Media City at 7pm any decent restaurant will be busy!
The Tapa de Cuadril (thinly sliced grilled steak) was really delicious. Service was attentive, perhaps a little overly so. Unfortunately we were sat near the front door. The inner glass door slammed with a gust of frigid air whenever somebody entered or exited which made for a chilly and occasionally noisy meal! Other than that, my partner said the whole place smelled a bit of sweat, but I honestly didn’t notice.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Tasty Malbec, good selection of wines by bottle and glass.
Friendly, attentive service, comfy seating in the booths. Nice location for restaurant. I had empanadas to start followed by burger, onion rings amd thick cut wedges. Succulent burger. Tasty crispy onion rings
Plus i rolled the dice and got 50% of my next visit off food. So next time i might try the steak.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

It was our first visit at a CAU restaurant and the first impression was everything a customer could ask for. To cut the story short, we are a couple of foodies and I must say the food (and what I mainly mean here is the steaks we had) was literally juicy in the best way possible. I really didn't expect to get this quality on a plate - great value for money. The chef just did it exactly how we like it: simple and tasty! And on top of that, we really felt looked after by the staff. Their attentiveness was on point and not too much (...if you know what I mean:)). Macarena (you can't forget that name!) greeted us and then a friendly petite brunette managed our indecisiveness beautifully, helped a great deal in choosing our cuts and was there for us every step of the way. A nice gentleman with a ponytail (it must have been a manager) also had a nice brief chat with us towards the end of our stay. We'll be coming back for more!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We have enjoyed Cau for dinner before, and as we were staying nearby overnight decided to give their imaginative breakfast a try. VERY disappointing! My wife ordered the interesting sounding baked eggs in avocado, and I ordered sweet potato pancake with belly pork. After a very lengthy wait in a completely empty restaurant the food arrived. Eggs were almost raw, whilst the avocado was overcooked; and the pork belly was dry (waiting for eggs to complete their cooking?). How can a) a chef be unable to turn out a standard menu item and b)serving staff allow the dish to be served when it clearly falls below the required standard? This experience influences our view of the Cau brand I'm afraid.......