Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
Reviews (1 132)
1 132 results
All reviewsold traffordbeansmedia cityhi expressthe sofa bedfree breakfastcity centreice machinethe lowry outlet mallself serviceshort walktram stopcar parkthe imperial war museumman utdhotel is in a great locationyogurt
FilterAll languages
4 - 9 of 1 132 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and we were very pleased with the whole experience. The room was clean and comfortable with a view of Old Trafford. We arrived at 10am as we were doing the Old Trafford tour. The staff were so helpful and got us checked in early as our room was ready. The hotel is ideally situated to Old Trafford, the tram and a variety of eating establishments. My partner was chatting to Tim who asked if we were up for the United match. When he said we were and it was our son's birthday Tim bought him over a drink on the house which i thought was a lovely gesture. The staff were knowledgeable about attractions and directions around the area. The breakfast was delicious and the room extremely comfortable. A perfect establishment with a staff that are a credit to the Holiday Inn company.I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
DGM_Salford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for your feedback. It is great that you enjoyed the whole experience during your time with us, where the room was clean and comfortable enough for you, as well as you finding the staff to be helpful. I am glad that you though that it was a lovely gesture that I gave your son a complimentary drink for his birthday - after all we do aim to make everyone's experience a memorable one and I hope he enjoyed the drink.

Lastly, we are very pleased that the Hotel is positioned in an ideal area on the Quays and I shall certainly pass on to the breakfast team that your breakfast was delicious.

We appreciate that you will be returning to our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Many Thanks

Tim Phillips

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Easy to locate and very easy parking outside (£4 charge reasonable). Thought nice location on the quays.

Helpful and easy check-in.

Room - has a family room but would say was not ideal for the 4 of us. I double and a small double sofa bed. Sofa bed mattress very soft and not comfortable.

had a drink in the bar in the evening which was quite busy but staff worked hard.

Breakfast very good - would consider again but need to offer more suitable family rooms!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
DGM_Salford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear shanker07,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall and found check in to be easy and helpful.

It is also wonderful to see the excellent location of the hotel was a highlight for you as we consider ourselves very fortunate in our picturesque location.

I am sorry to see that you found the sofa bed a little soft for your liking, as an alternative to the sofa bed rooms, some families choose to book two rooms and call the hotel to request them to be interconnecting, this allows a little more space which can be beneficial, particularly for longer stays.

I hope that you would consider staying with us again when next in the area.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 day break in Salford quays holiday inn express, and had a very pleasant stay, staff were very nice meals fine help yourself breakfast plentyfull, even helped out looking after my wife who is gluten intolerance.
Salford quays is a brilliant place lots of bars eaterys shops museums nice walks and so easy to get the tram into Manchester we prefer to stay here rather than in Manchester. And will be back in the summer.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear MiddlesbroughDan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I am pleased that we made such a positive impression. I am delighted to see that you found the staff friendly and helpful, particularly in assisting your wife with a gluten free breakfast. We do cater for a number of dietary needs such as providing soya milk, gluten free bread and vegetarian sausages. All our staff are happy to help with any allergen queries and are available for questions 24 hours a day.

It is also great to see that you were able to explore the surrounding area of Salford Quays, including the Lowry Outlet Mall and walks around the quays. I hope that we are able to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We spent a night here whilst attending the Lowry Theatre. Check In was very fast and there was a £4 charge for overnight parking. We were given the option of a room with either a view of Old Trafford Football Ground or of Salford Quays. Being a dyed in the wool Everton Supporter I think you might be able to guess which one I chose and it was lovely to see the ducks and geese gliding along the water !

The room was very clean and had all the amenities you could desire. The bed was very comfortable.

The hotel is ideally situated for access to the Lowry Outlet Mall, Theatre and Media City.

The bar is open 24 hours a day but the drinks are very much on the pricey side.

Breakfast was a self serve Buffet arrangement and the only disappointing thing about it was that once serving dishes were empty, the items were not replaced very quickly despite bringing that to the attention of staff.

The price we paid for our room (£50) represented excellent value for money

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Noel W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay. It is great to see that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed your view over Salford Quays!

It is also wonderful to see that you enjoyed your breakfast on the whole although I am sorry that the business of the breakfast led to a delay in replenishing the hot items. We do try to keep on top of this and I am sorry that we fell short on this occasion. I hope this would not put you off giving us another chance in the future. We would be very glad to welcome you back.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

asked for an early check in as we were going to watch a tv program being made, and this was done, 10 minute stroll to the media city complex with nice waterfront views, staff were really friendly and helpful, location is superb car park on site wasnt free but for 4 quid was a bargin.
Had a false alarm on the fire alarm at 715am I was already dressed and going for breakfast so did laugh at all the people nursing hangovers in the carpark in the morning. Straight in for breakfast once all sorted out, which was really good, then back to room for shower and change then check out, sightly disappointing was the shower - not enough power in it, but at least it was warm I suppose.

Would stay here again simply for the location...

Room Tip: location to media city
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Martin C,

Thank you so much for your great review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay and that we were able to accommodate your early check in request, allowing you to get to MediaCity in plenty of time.

I would like to apologise for the fire alarm early in the morning, while this was not a genuine fire, it did require investigating and we would like to thank everyone for their patience while we looked into this. I am pleased that this did not disturb you too much and that you enjoyed your breakfast following this.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the shower as well which I will ask maintenance to investigate in case there is an underlying issue we can fix. I hope that you would stay with us again despite this issue.