“Tasty food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2018

This is a popular pub and we were glad to get a table in the early evening. The young waiters were very efficient and welcoming. I enjoyed my lamb and lemon tart. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Everyone enjoyed their meal even my very fussy Granddaughter. Good choice of main meals and also children’s menu. Will be visiting again very soon. Book in advance as gets very busy.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Went there for a meal with friends last night. From start to finish it was an excellent exprience.
The staff were attentive and enthusiastic, the starters and main courses were exemplary.

The portion sizes were so generous none of us managed a pudding, but what we saw arriving at other tables looked just as good as the rest way ate.

We’ll be back, with more friends too.

1  Thank Matthias H
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised to find a better variety of meal choices since my last visit. Very pleased to see more salad options. Still serving the best chips around.
Only misgivings are staff related. Still some training required with regard to engaging with customers and knowing what specials are on offer. A tendency to be flippant is still apparent.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

We were lead to our table and served all night by very pleasant and polite young ladies, there was a nice range of beers available, but nothing local - but that was OK. The food on offer was broad enough to satisfy a wide range of tastes, and certainly satisfied me. I had the Lamb Rump, which was cooked to perfection - a caramelised crust on the outside, and meltingly near rare on the inside - fantastic. There was a refreshing balance between carbs, veg and meat on the plate, some places load the plate with chips - this meal was beautifully thought through, thank you.
Sadly the room we were in had poor acoustics and was very echo-y and loud with all the lively conversation going on. That was the only downside, and I wouldn't let it put me off going again.