“Very friendly service and good food”
Review of Crofters Brasserie

Crofters Brasserie
Ranked #2 of 86 Restaurants in Witham
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

It is a nice place for lunch. The restaurant is quaint. Mind your head if you are 6ft or over as there is a beam as you enter the restaurant section (but it is padded). They have a nice menu choice. Price is slightly higher than average (ham egg and chips for £10 and beef burger for £12) and there is a 10% service charge. You do get good/friendly service, a nice location and the food is nice. I had a nice experience and will return.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I were invited to celebrate here recently for a surprise birthday party. We had pre-ordered from a set menu our 3 courses.

The food was well presented and tasted amazing, I really couldn’t fault this at all.

They catered for the children, the menu was very kid friendly with a reasonable amount of choice for them.

To be fair the service was good considering the amount of us and they were happy to oblige to our extra requests with food.

When it came to desserts we were asked what we wanted, which was odd as we had pre-ordered these with the organiser of the party. But I’m not sure if they had received the dessert order from what the waitress had said. That was a shame as they didn’t have the dessert that I pre-ordered.

We all really enjoyed the night and had such a fantastic time. The venue was great as we were tucked away from the main bar and restaurant so it was lovely for a celebration.

I look forward to returning.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Went for a family meal. 2 courses (main and dessert).

Service was a bit slow but then the food is cooked from scratch and well presented so you are paying for the quality.

The restaurant is probably one of the best in Witham so ensure you book well in advance to avoid disappointment.

Highly recommend this establishment.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Visited with family including my 4 year old son for Sunday lunch, wow Beef Roast was superb, will definitely be visiting again, highly recommend

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We're good friends of the owners and have visited regularly over the years. But the lunch we had today with my dad and his wife was one of the best ever! Indian chicken dish was to die for!! I understand it's a new addition to the menu but I pray it's never taken off now it's on there. Nice work Croc and Emma. Keep up the good work and see you both soon!
Brett and Clare x