“Ice cream trip”

Oyster Creek Kitchen
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The location is great and I imagine a lovely place to go as a couple or with friends. We took our 9 year old and were greeted with a sign saying well behaved children welcome but must remain seated. We all had sundaes that were vanilla and strawberry with meringue. They were nice enough. It bizarrely had a lemony taste, we queried this hut were told that’s just what the vanilla ice cream/gelato tastes like. The experience was ok but not one I would repeat with children.

1  Thank emilyjaneking

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Came for my birthday and Father’s Day. Pre booked a table of 5 for an evening meal.

Was seated to a table set up for 8 so was very spread out.

We eventually got offered a drink of which mine was wrong. This was changed but was then charged the price for the wrong drink.

We ordered our main and starters together...then waited an hour for it to arrive. These were ok, not the best I’ve had but compared to what was to come the best dishes.

Our mains then came 45 minutes later. Of which 2 were stone cold. I asked mine to be sent back the other person didn’t want to cause a fuss. They said they were re cooking mine, by the time it arrived everyone else had finished there meals so I had to eat mine quickly and didn’t even enjoy it. As a result was offered a free desert! They shouldn’t have bothered.

Four of us ordered deserts, three turned up and the fourth was told that they didn’t have that any more so again had to wait! Re ordered and then was told that had run out...why they didn’t just say what was left I don’t know! Eventually the fourth person did get something. This was offered complimentary again I don’t know why as a measly £5 dessert free doesn’t make up for all of the most awful dining experience we had.

Such a shame as 2 years ago I came and really had a great meal but I had heard recently not great reviews but I was sure it was rumours oh how they were so so true

7  Thank Verity S
Reviewed 24 June 2018

my husband and I celebrated our 37th Wedding Anniversary by having a meal at the Oyster Creek Kitchen. The food, drink and service were as first class as ever.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We chose this place for its location to celebrate my daughter’s birthday. We had my daughters two children with us one a baby. We were seated inside and after quite a while our drinks order was taken. As the drinks were delivered we were asked to order our food. We all opted for a main course only as there was nothing that really took anybody’s eye in the starters. We had to wait an hour for our meal. Two of our group found the meals inedible, one was a seafood linguine where the pasta looked as if it had been frozen in a birds nest shape and was delivered at the table as a soggy mess. We finished what we could and opted not to have the dessert as we only had four hours on the parking meter. I would not criticise the waiting staff as they tried to hurry our meal along. It would appear to me that the kitchen cannot cope with the orders and seems to prioritise the people who have the snack menu as many of the people who came in after us were served long before we were. As we left we heard somebody ask the lady at the front of house to turn people away as the kitchen was getting behind. All in all an awful experience that I would not like to repeat and a rotten birthday meal for my daughter.

9  Thank Graham H
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Went Friday night for dinner. We had booked but it wasn’t overly busy so may have been ok to turn up. We had the choice to sit inside but chose outside as it was a nice evening. There was a singer entertaining everyone. Had the breadbasket, calamari & whitebait to share & it was nice. Calamari was a little bit thick but that’s just personal taste. For mains I had a salmon salad which was good & partner had a chicken burger which looked nice but he got in a bit of a mess!! There was someone with dogs which barked a bit & I noticed that they had them on the sofa which I didn’t like. I know it’s all open but if I had sat there after I would have a sneezing fit!!