“Staff are useless”

Queens Head
Ranked #29 of 54 Restaurants in Waltham Abbey
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Bought 4 bottles of Heineken. Bar staff failed to tell me that they were non alcoholic and you can’t possibly tell this seeing this from the bar. Bought them over to the table before realising because why would it cross your mind that it is non alcoholic?

When I mentioned it to the bar staff that I didn’t realise that it was non alcoholic they didn’t do anything about it just made me pay for more drinks. Never going here again!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband was stayed down Waltham abbey for my birthday and decided to stop in this pub for the evening to have food any drinks so we walking all looked good found a table got our drinks and as we are looking at the menu to see what food we would like a younge girl comes over and puts a reservation on our table and walked away didn’t look at us talk to us nothing , so I went up to the bar to ask what was going on as we are already sat at this table about to order food to be told they need the table and if we sit there then we will have to hurry up eat our food and move before 9pm I was shocked at this so went and sat down for a different lady come over and tell us that it is quiz night and they will need the table for the regulars that have booked the table and we need to move . As we was hungry but this time we had to move tables and the food was not up to much the chicken was like rubber don’t get the mushroom horrible I’m glad I’m Not from the area as I would not be going there again .

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Spacious friendly public house the food is cooked well with a good selection of dishes reasonably priced.
The decor is comfortable and welcoming I would recommend for any occasion.staff are friendly a good music venue.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Love this pub and go there most weeks on a Friday for a meal
The menu could do with being bigger but the food is always beautifully cooked
The staff are really lovely friendly and everything you could wish for
And yes the land lady runs a tight ship when it comes to the rowdy ones
The Sunday lunch which unfortunately is not available in the summer is great !

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Tried most of the pubs in the Abbey and this is by far the most friendly. Food is very average but reasonable. The people there are lovely, although the land lady keeps a tight reign on the football types.