“1935 Southend Airport Experience”

1935 Roof top Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
1935 Roof top Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 745 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Price range: US$17 - US$104
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The 1935 Rooftop Restaurant food is described as Classic British with a contemporary twist and using as many local, seasonal ingredients as possible. Not only is this the first rooftop restaurant and bar in Essex, it is also a first for Holiday Inn across the UK. Whilst enjoying dinner & drinks in the evenings or a place for a relaxing Sunday lunch, you will be able to enjoy breath-taking views of the surrounding Essex countryside and perhaps watch a plane taking off or landing at the airport.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My wife and I along with two friends went to dinner at the restaurant and had a very nice meal. The food was very nice and the staff were very accommodating. The view from the restaurant is excellent overlooking the airport runway. Overall a very nice meal with a nice atmosphere and attentive staff. What more could you ask for. I will certainly be going back to this relatively new restaurant.

Rohit S, General Manager at 1935 Roof top Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear guest
We are very pleased to get a positive feedback from you.We take pride in delivering our guest a great dining experience in modern, friendly and a relaxed environment. I am glad we kept to our promise.
I will make sure I will take these comments to my team. We look forward to serve you again

Regards
Deepak

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Friendly and attentive staff, drinks order taken once all of us seated, enough time to look at menus and choose from many tempting options. Children’s meals served with our starters which is always a plus!
Beef carpaccio starter and trio of lamb mains were both delicious, the only let down for me was dessert unfortunately, I had the lemon assortment, the sorbet tasted great but the fluorescent colour was a little too much, the drizzle cake was dry which was a shame as it had an amazing sweet/sharp balance, but none the less it was an empty plate. Would have been 5 star if not for the dessert.

Dear Natalie

Thanks for your comments we take our comments very seriously. I will make sure I will take the comments to the Head chef , who will look into the lemon sponge and the portioning. With lemon sponge , when we designed this dessert the texture was planned to be a bit heavy however I get your point .
Beef carpaccio and lamb trio is our delicacy and is all time favourite. Thanks once again for your comments and we look forward to see you again
Regard
Deepak
Operations Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The evening went passed in a blur, we had already enjoyed an afternoon tea at a big country house so didn't think I could eat anymore. But the food was that good it was rude not too. Sitting down with the boys and girls I order baby rib for starter and steak for main. There's no other way but that way. The steak was tender and the baby ribs were plentiful. I finished off with some coffee and tv (World Cup was on). Then we were out of time and we left.

Overall all excellent. How many blur song 2 titles are in there.

Charmless Man.

HI Buckledwheel
Many thanks for a great feed back. You are very right in saying that after seeing the food menus and choices of food it will not be fair to give it a try .Our 1935 roof top restaurant & bar is a combination of great food , great service in breath taking environment. Our AA accredited restaurant delivers freshly prepared food with fresh ingredients. We carefully re engineer out menu each quarter and will definitely keep your choices in mind. We look forward to see you again
Regards

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This first time visited, and was extremely impressed, staff and service excellent. Will defiantly return.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Received an e-mail informing us about the "all summer long offer" of a two course lunch for two people for £25. With the encouragement to "book now" we did so only to find that on arrival the menu had an additional note to this particular offer in that it had to be booked 48 hours in advance!

Bearing in mind that the restaurant was all but deserted at the time we asked whether we could still have the expected meal, but the answer was no even though the terms and conditions for the offer received with the e-mail only stated that an advance booking was required, ie: nothing about as far as 48 hours in advance. In our opinion not a good public relations excercise.

Having decided to just have a main course, the wait was quite a while before it arrived, again surprising in view of the lack of customers. However the food was very well prepared, but service rather matter of fact rather than friendly.