Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$97
getaroom.comUS$101
Reviews (1 455)
1 455 results
All reviews rooftop restaurant an early flight great view of the airport top floor airport hotel superior room train station close to the airport reception staff car park the air conditioning excellent stay one night stay following morning good nights sleep comfy bed lovely room
Selected filters
18 - 23 of 1 455 reviews
Reviewed 10 September 2021

Room was a reasonable size and everything seemed clean. Sofa bed wasn't very comfortable, wires dug in if not careful. Evening menu was somewhat limited but they did their best to deal with our dietary requirements. Breakfast OK, although bacon and black pudding suffered from being left out a while, that's the problem with a buffet. Very handily placed for transport links.

Date of stay: September 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rohit Singh, Owner at Holiday Inn Southend, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you Richard G for your four star review. I am so pleased you liked the size of your bedroom and our standards of cleanliness. We have taken on board your comments concerning the sofa bed and breakfast buffet and will work to improve going forward. We hope to see you back at Holiday Inn Southend soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2021

the rooms were brilliant. The breakfast was excellent. 10 out of 10 would come again. There were loads of handy shops nearby and there is also a nice airport there too which made for a wonderful view from the hotel restraunt.

Dear manav12021,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your fantastic review about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Southend. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2021

As a reward for spending several nights in a tent in sleeping bags, with few home comforts, I took my 5-year old and 8-year old for a stay at Holiday Inn in Southend. We wanted to visit friends locally, but was late in looking for rooms by the sea side, so Holiday Inn by Southend Airport was available.

Initially I tried to book on-line, as one of the pictures for Southend webpage clearly showed a double bed and a fold-out bed in one room. The system refused to accept 3-people in a room, or offer any kind of alternative.

I dialled the main number for the hotel, without getting through to anyone.

Then I dialled the "global" number as advertised on the Southend page. Got the most unhelpful service. Bad line, did not know where Southend was, let alone UK... After having given the post code for hotel twice during conversation, I was asked for it a 3rd time. Short answer was that I needed to call the hotel line again.

Dialling the hotel (again) I got through to a "local" bookings person who did know where Southend was on the map. She could not guarantee the extra bed, but would add to notes for booking that the 3 of us could share the double bed. She also booked us into breakfast, and gave me a price all inclusive. I was asked to call hotel directly in morning and check about the 3rd bed. I felt that this operator listened to me, but could not provide the answers.

Called the hotel in the morning and spoke with a lovely person. Who had read the notes and assured me that the room was there for us to use. But not quite clear yet if a bed could be found. However, extra towels would be requested for the room. Breakfast I would have to confirm with reception on checkin. I was not worried about this, as previous operator had already promised me this.
(Breakfast is important, as this is 1/2 the fun for my boys on a rare stay in a hotel)

On check-in, both receptionists were really warm and welcoming. Although as I understood it, there was no extra bed to be found.
And when I asked about the breakfast, this was fully booked and we could not get a table (Covid distancing was mentioned as a reason). I did point out that on making the initial booking, we were promised a breakfast. As an alternative we were offered a room-service breakfast at the same price, which was 1/3rd of the normal size.
WHO CUTS A DANISH IN 1/2 & SERVES IT AS 1!?

Sorry, no more words allowed - so I have no space to tell you what we liked about the hotel...
We did enjoy the room & the extra bed.

Dear Mads Nybo J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Holiday Inn Southend. I am sorry you had a bad experience with our telephone operators. I have passed your feedback to our central reservations team who will use your review to help train the team.

Reviewed 29 August 2021

Stayed here for one night, I wasn’t expecting to much and for it to be quit basic due to the price. However I was pleasantly surprised. The beds were comfy, it was very clean. Staff were extremely helpful and polite. Would highly recommend!

Dear adrienne577,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are thrilled that you were pleasantly surprised with our hotel, that your bed was comfortable and that our staff were extremely helpful and polite. Thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed 29 August 2021

Staff and room was fine. Food was very good. Location was not attractive but it's beside an airport so what do you expect. I would give some advice to hotel management you need to hire more staff as it's not possible to expect staff to do 5 jobs at once. Profit is not everything in life people count to.

Dear karim T,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for staying with us while you were in the process of moving home. We are delighted that you liked your room, our staff and our food. Unfortunately there has been a severe shortage of people willing to work in the hospitality industry; impacting hotels and restaurants all across the UK. Our team are working hard to ensure this impacts minimally on our customers.