“What a gem!”

Passage to India
Ranked #20 of 127 Restaurants in Hornchurch
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Indian restaurant based in upminster bridge, hornchurch, Essex, uk, rm11 3xb
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went with my husband on Monday 25th June after visiting friends. As has been said before it is surprisingly spacious inside. The staff were polite and attentive and gave us plenty of time to choose from the extensive menu.

We both had the Reshmi Kebab for starter - cooked to perfection, Mains of Hariali Murgh and Rubiyan Murgh were absolutely delicious. The side dishes of mushroom bhaji and bombay potato were the best we had tasted for a long time.

We eat a lot of Indian food and it doesn't get much better than this. We hope to come back next year!

1  Thank Carol B

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I was quite taken back when I walked in as from out side it looks like a small restaurant. But it isn’t it goes back quite a long way, and is beautifully decorated, modern with a great water feature wall.
There were 4 of us but I noticed the there were booth type seating with round tables for larger groups..
We were offered the pom-poms while we decided on our food.
Our mains came out all beautifully cooked. Service was good.
The background-music was modern too & I was told on some nights it’s turned up for people to dance. As there is plenty of room to do so.
The restaurant is in walking distance of the district line, so we didn’t need a cab home.
All in all a lovely place & Ill definitely be going back

Reviewed 1 April 2018

It has been some time since the four of us ( two couples ) have been to the Passage to India restaurant. We have enjoyed it before and once again the food was excellent and the staff are extremely friendly, especially the head waiter. The surroundings are really nice and the prices are sensible.Situated between Hornchurch and Upminster this restaurant is a bit out of the way for some people but they are missing out. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Love this Indian restaurant the staff treat u like royalty. Food is amazing but if your going Friday or Saturday then make sure to book because every time we have been every chair is filled. To me that's a great sign of a fantastic place

1  Thank Joanne D
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Locally known as The Passage, we have been coming here for years and have found the food and staff excellent, never had a bad meal in all these years and feel the place deserves myself writing a review. I can’t fault the food, yes it does get busy on weekends and you have to book but that’s a sign of a successful business. Well done to the management there for running a good establishment.

2  Thank johnmillerridmanna