“A very enjoyable evening!”
Review of The Cranleigh

The Cranleigh
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cranleigh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 127 Restaurants in Hornchurch
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Four of us visited the Cranleigh on Tuesday 26th June for a family reunion, There was only another table of two. From the moment we went there the staff were friendly and good humoured . Nothing was too much trouble - they made some custard as a special request - and did not mind that we took a while to choose from the menu.

The food was well presented and delicious. We really enjoyed it, and would thoroughly reccomend.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Seems many a year ago I ate at this kinda place.. Far from bad by any stretch, it has that "acorn antique" vibe. please don't think I'm putting the place down, that's not the intention at all. It just seems a bit in the past. haven't seen a desert trolley for some years...
the food was good and the price reasonable. perhaps having created a ambience that it has , has created a niche amongst all the Essex fluff.
I suppose if it ain't broke don't fix it..
I'd say that the more mature patron would enjoy this establishment. parking can be hit and miss but there are side streets within walking distance

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We went back to the Cranleigh recently to celebrate our wedding anniversary (we had our wedding breakfast there many years ago). The food was excellent and plentiful, the staff pleasant and the table immaculate.
It was a quiet evening with only 4 tables occupied, so the general atmosphere was rather subdued, but overall consistently high standards as always.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We had a family and friends event held at the Cranleigh last month (child’s communion). The level of support and organisation since the first contact was amazing. They are able to provide or point out partners to everything that is necessary: the space, food, balloons and decoration and even a celebration cake (but you can bring your own if you wish).
We didn’t have to worry about anything as throughout the day their team looked after our guests. They greeted them with drinks at the entrance, set-up the table and food to the children early, an area for the entertainer and then the food for the adults. A special mention must be written regarding their party coordinator/planner. She kept the day ticking in top form and we were all thoroughly impressed. The food was delicious too.
I definitely recommend this place for functions, children’s parties, anniversaries etc. and I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again in the future.

1  Thank familyfun772
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I attended my God Mother’s 70th Birthday party with my wife and son. We were so impressed with the attentiveness of the staff as they went out of there way to make you feel welcome. The bar staff were engaging and made my son feel welcome by commenting on how smart he looked in his new shirt. My son felt very grown up going to the bar and ordering a (soft) drink, as he walked up to the bar they said “same again” as they remembered his last drink order.
The buffet had a great selection and was very tasty, the staff cleared the tables and glasses frequently and it was very refreshing not having left over glasses and plates on the table. All in all a fantastic venue and I’m sure my God mother had a fantastic birthday celebration.

1  Thank southendseasider