“Cremated!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Decided to give the Angel and Harp another try after 2 previous bad experiences.

Nothing has changed. Staff seemed disinterested, had to wait for 45 minutes for burger and chips, and when it arrived it was cremated and inedible.

Such a shame as used to love this pub, but has been poor for a few years now. Won’t be returning.

3  Thank Neil W
Darren J, General Manager at Angel and Harp, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Neil W, thank you for your feedback, I am keen to discuss this further with you, if you would like to contact me on 01379859259.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had booked a table here as stop-off on our way home from a day out. We arrived at 5pm, as booked. This is clearly a very popular pub as the place was full including the beer garden on this lovely sunny day. Our initial welcome was not exactly warm, there were many staff milling around the bar area but we were studiously ignored at first, as though only the one guy behind the bar was capable of greeting guests.

We were shown to our table and ordered drinks. Eventually the soft drinks arrived but we were told the beers would be delayed as they were waiting for them to settle(!). Eventually, after we had chased them up, we got the beer but how it managed to settle in the time I'm not sure.

Our starters took a while to arrive but were nice enough when they came. We then waited ages before a waitress came to clear our plates. She blamed the fact that we were on a table slightly out of sight in an alcove. After much more waiting we flagged down another waitress to find out where our main courses had got to. The delay was blamed on the fact that we had had starters(!),

When the food arrived it was fine although could perhaps have been warmer.

The staff were friendly enough. I don't know whether the delay was caused by the kitchen or some communication breakdown. All in all an ok experience but not one to make us go rushing back. 2 hours for a starter and maincourse is too long.

3  Thank Rambl1ngMan

Hi Rambl1ngMan, thank you for your feedback, I will pass on all of your points raised to address them.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Even though very busy did not wait too long for a table. Food was very tasty and good variety of choice. Great atmosphere and band on Friday night excellent without the music being too loud.

Hi HeartyLol, thank you for your positive feedback, I will share this with my team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have visited this pub many times and I have to say after yesterdays experience I dont think we will bother to return. On arrival we sat and had a drink whilst waiting for our table. The wine was just plonked on the table and I had to asked for a cooler. The staff were not very friendly and one girl particularly sour faced. My husband had to ask for our table as we had sat there so long. The starters were ok. The mains were adequate but not very well presented. They had run out of coleslaw which shouldn't happen as its easy to make and popular in summer. They took 45 minutes to serve our desert. The staff were very inexperienced. It seems to be in decline which is such a shame as this pub has always been one of favourites. We sat outside after our meal and there were a table of really drunk youngsters who decided it was a good idea to be rolling around on the floor fighting and throwing beer. People were trying to eat outside and its not what you expect to find here! The staff saw what was going on but it wasn't until one of them stole something from a convertible car that anything was
done. I remember the staff used to be very polite, efficient and welcoming!

3  Thank happysun4

Hi Happysun4, thank you for your feedback, I am keen to discuss this further with you, if you would like to contact me on 01379859259.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Have previously been here and tried the different gins on offer - rhubarb was superb served in lovely gin glasses with juniper berries and other fruits . The taste of thr gin still broke through the fruit and mixer. Sadly tonight my friends and I were very disappointed - they seem to now be watering the drinks down - very bland - and at £6 a pop we stayed for just one .

1  Thank joey3312003

Hi Joey, thank you for your feedback, I would like to assure you that we do not water any of our spirits down & we now have the large Gin glasses again after they were all stolen, also all fruits and berries are available to dress your gin as you wish.