“Nice food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch with husband and child. It was really busy but the food surprisingly came out really fast and of good standard aswell as reasonably priced . We will definetly eat here again when visiting. Prefect location too!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

My mum, daughter,two friends and me visited here, as we approached the door the gentleman that was with us had a summer hat on( he is 70 yrs old). The doorman told him to take it off in a manner that was awful. We sat down in the restaurant , then went to the bar to order food, we sat talking and there was a few rowdy groups of people in there but they wasn't disturbing us.
Our food arrived and we began to eat when the doorman came over and with no excuse me or apologies he said, children cannot be in here after 9pm so you better eat up. We was amazed, why did he not advise us on entering the building or why did the bar staff tell us when I ordered from the childs menu. I will never come here again, it has certainly deteriorated.

Nicole A, Manager at Moon & Starfish, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Firstly, thank you for reviewing us.
We do have certain rules that have to be followed, no hats and no children past 9pm are some of these.
I'm very sorry that the way you feel our doorman handled the situation wasn't professional and I will happily take this feedback to them and let them know.
However, as a pub we don't do children's meals from 20:30 therefore if you was to order before this time the bar staff may not have mentioned it to you.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

great food great service reasonably priced clean great atmosphere
always busy but managed to get a table

1  Thank Carol T

Thank you for taking the time to review us.
We are a very busy seaside pub, more so when the weather is lovely so I'm glad you was able to find a table to eat with us.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

staff were friendly, service was quick, food was nice, food always good value
beer was super cheap
would definitely go again

Thank you for leaving your positive feedback.
I'm glad you will be returning and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

had our Friday night early evening meal here the restaurant was busy but the place was very clean all the tables were clear of empty plates cups an glasses the waiting time at the bar was very short the food came after a short while we had our starters an mains altogether which was great for our grandson we enjoyed the food an we thanked our server NATALIE who done a great job an looked after us an checked that the food was ok

1  Thank martin s

Thank you for leaving this lovely review, I will be sure to let Natalie know as I am sure she will love to hear the positive feedback.