“Good quality food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was my second visit to Miller & Carter. The quality and flavor of the food did not disappoint. And I was pleased that the menu was extensive enough to allow me to choose a different option than I did on my previous visit six weeks prior (I’m a picky eater). I opted for nachos for my starter and I added beef. But I might as well have just had nachos without beef because the beef portion was so small it barely touched a quarter of the nachos. I felt cheated. The main was lovely although I can’t remember the name but the chocolate brownie for dessert was the absolute star of the show! Despite the poor cocktails on my first visit and the practically non-existent beef on the nachos on my second visit, I’d still return.

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Georgie C, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.
We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Best wishes,
Miller & Carter Chelmsford

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We went for the first time for an evening meal. as a couple. We were allotted a table upstairs but asked if we could have one downstairs which was no trouble and very impressed with design and decor. Very open but didn't feel like you were eating in a barn! Great ambience, not too dark, not too bright, no over loud music in background not noisy, it felt like an individual restaurant and not a chain restaurant. The waitress Faye was excellent, she made the w hole experience to be honest, very friendly, nothing too much trouble. For starters we ordered chicken wings which we were eating with our fingers and she must have spotted this because suddenly two finger bowls and napkins appeared...very attentive and such a nice touch. Made to feel very welcome and nost just another two customers. The steaks were cooked just right and the whole meal was delicious. Good amount of choice on menu. The chocolate brownie was lovely too. I was delighted with the whole experience and would definitely go again.

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Essexmusicfan,

We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Miller & Carter Chelmsford!

We hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

It is quite apparent that when raising an issue with a member of management at Miller & Carter, the primary excuse will always be “We don’t make this on site, a third party makes this for us”

So it seems almost unfathomable that I found a hair curled into my butter which was slowly defrosting (can you not even defrost these things before serving?) on the most greasy chicken schnitzel I have ever come across in my life.

What do you actually make “on site” M&C? If your chefs aren’t capable of cooking a schnitzel then you must be reheating everything on your menu from a packet so I can only suggest applying for Gordon Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmares in order to revamp your microwave meals and actually increase your custom in the area.

Food had been swept onto the floor and remained on the floor during our visit, calamari had been fried until dark brown with no real flavour, wine glasses were not removed from our table when seated and our food had been served on chipped dinner plates.

When our greasy schnitzels were served on a bed of unseasoned oven chips, this truly was the breaking point which made us lose our appetites and whilst the waiters and one member of management could not have been more understanding, this disastrous lunch was unfortunately the final straw and will mean that we will not be returning to M&C again until basic food hygiene standards and cooking skills can be improved.

5  Thank CarrieLoh
General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Hi Steve,

Please accept my sincerest apologies in the delay of responding to your much appreciated feedback.

I've have relayed your comments to our kitchen manager to ensure that it was an isolated incident and we have discussed with the management which on duty on the evening of your visit.

Many Thanks

Mel & Team

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Sometimes the food can be a little slow, but is absolutely to die for, lovely place. Good atmosphere and great food for a small price!!

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did.

We hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Meal, atmosphere and service were all very good. Meats were well cooked at the rare medium and well done, when meat was moist and tasty.

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Richard W, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Miller & Carter Chelmsford! We can't wait to see you again, have a great day.