“Need better chefs in the kitchen”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Braintree
Ranked #58 of 144 Restaurants in Braintree
Price range: US$37 - US$37
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Came to this restaurant today for lunch.Was not impressed with the revamped menu.
Where was the club sandwich that they used to do? Lots of things missing from the menu.
Now to my review on the food and length of wait before our meals arrived.
We were seated quickly and after a short wait ordered our drinks.
When the waiter returned after some time with drinks we ordered our mains. I chose salmon with new potatoes green beans and broccoli healthy meal I thought.
My husband picked fish and chips. Well we waited and we waited while people around us were served their meals even after coming in after us, 45 minutes later the waiter came over and apologies for the delay saying they were cooking my salmon as if that was the reason for the delay. Salmon does not take long to cook I could have cooked it three times over in the time it took.
I have no complaint with the waiter he was trying his best but if the meal is not cooked he can't serve it.
I have read the previous complaints and Frankie and Bennys need to get their act together and get better chefs who can actually cook.if they want this restaurant to succeed. We will not be coming back any time soon.
The waiter did offer to get the meal redone but after waiting so long we just wanted to go.The salmon was overcooked and dry not very appetising the beans cold and shrivelled up not fresh only the broccoli was as it should be.my husbands meal not much better.Will not be coming back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Popped in for a snack on Saturday but as we own a taste card ended up having a beautiful sirloin steak each. The service was good and the food was very nice.
If you don’t have a taste card I would advise getting one. My wife and I had a steak meal and a drink for £21 . The food was by one get one free on all courses .

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Visited today for breakfast, was told 45 min wait even though it was empty. Food order come and one of us had the wrong order. Wasn’t offered any type of discount even though by the time the other order come I had eaten mine which was cold and had sat there for a while. Staff arguing with chefs. Poor service and £22 wasn’t worth the money will not be going there again. Awful experience wouldn’t recommend this place. First and last time for my visit

1  Thank clareandrews2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Really disappointed with our visit, it is good Friday so you would think they would have plenty of staff. But they had 2 people dealing with all the tables and people coming in. We went for breakfast and having been to a Frankie & Benny’s before for breakfast I was looking forward to it. They’ve had a revamp and a new menu and the choice is poor and no where near as good as it used to be. They’ve put the prices up too and it’s not value for money. The kids breakfast is a joke! For our 3 and 1 year old is was just about enough but for the two 9 year olds it was not enough and this wasn’t advised either by the staff. The bacon was really greasy and undercooked and nearly everyone on our table left the bacon.

It took forever for the food to come and this was purely due to the lack of staff. The kids had nothing to entertain themselves with where as before they would have crayons and stuff to draw on.

This new revamp is shocking and I can see Frankie and Benny’s losing a lot of business through this. Shame as it used to be a really enjoyable place to eat.

1  Thank Ricey1986
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Really disappointed with the food at Frankie and Benny's. Our meals came out on cold plates and the food was tepid at best. Halfway through the meal and the food was cold. The restaurant has lost its identity and now feels more like a basic over priced rib and steak establishment. Don't think they will be around for long if they continue with this poor business model. Two of our party where ill the day after the meal. It could be linked to the cold food. We will not be going back, as there is plenty of choice around these days.

1  Thank Leigh J

Travellers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Braintree also viewed

Braintree, Essex

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Braintree? Share your experiences!